I wanted Garrett to be "The Wizard Of Oz" Scarecrow for Halloween. But, as I was looking on the internet to purchase one, I kept thinking to myself, "I can totally make this, and it would probably be a lot cheaper!" All I really needed was an old pair of pants, an old shirt, and patches, right?
Off to D.I.!! I found an olive color pullover (perfect!) for $2.00! And, at Wal*Mart, I found brown sweatpants (another score!) for $3.00!
Thank goodness Linda keeps all of her left over fabric scraps! I rummaged through her collection and cut out patches-and I didn't even have to sew! I hot-glued them on! I also managed to glue on raffia ($3.00) to make the "straw" effect!
With LOTS of glue gun blisters later....A $8 costume vs. a $26 costume was well worth it!
TA-DUM!! :)
Off to D.I.!! I found an olive color pullover (perfect!) for $2.00! And, at Wal*Mart, I found brown sweatpants (another score!) for $3.00!
Thank goodness Linda keeps all of her left over fabric scraps! I rummaged through her collection and cut out patches-and I didn't even have to sew! I hot-glued them on! I also managed to glue on raffia ($3.00) to make the "straw" effect!
With LOTS of glue gun blisters later....A $8 costume vs. a $26 costume was well worth it!
TA-DUM!! :)
I think Garrett will make one cute scarecrow! :) I can't wait for Halloween to get the full-effect!


9 comments:
Well isn't that just the cutest thing EVER?!! Check you out!! You should make my kids costumes too. =) Garrett will be adorable!
Way to go! That costume is so cute, and that's awesome that you were able to make it for so cheap. I agree, costumes cost way too much. Can't wait to see the pictures of him in it!
that is so cute! way to go Taun! =)
He's going to be cute in that outfit.
That is darling! So cute. You are talented. I love it.
That is adorable Taunya! Way to go! Can't wait to see Garrett in it! I love the pics of Garrett and John, so cute! We need to get together soon:)
VERY CUTE! I will commission you next year to save me some $$$ since I wasn't so smart this year for costumes! Seriously, that is so cute and so original! Please tell me that you will be Dorothy and that John will be Toto?
Love it! Good job, girlie.
And in response to your comment on my blog, I totally agree that it would be so fun to get together sometime! Miss you girls!
That is soooo cute! And creative! Good job! He will look so adorable! or handsome--whatever!!
Post a Comment