Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Garrett At 23 Months

I need to do my monthly update on Garrett! Here is what he has been up to in the last month:
  • He has a 4 sided block toy (shown in background of pic) that has shapes and numbers on it. He's figured out where each block goes
  • His favorite things to watch are Baby Einstein's Baby Noah, Baby MacDonald and World of Colors on Youtube and has learned the colors green, blue, red, yellow, orange and purple.
  • He knows what a Kangaroo is and does therefore, he loves to jump and say, "boing! boing! boing!"
  • We are teaching him how to spell his name. He will repeat all of the letters-they're not totally understandable, but hey, at least he's trying! :)
  • Still a busy body!! I don't think he'll ever grow out of that!
  • Oh, the joy of being in Nursery!! (Eye roll)
  • He likes to run and then land on his knees and then try and do a handstand-the other night, it was accomplished!! He seriously was vertical for 2 sec!
  • He can do a somersault...kind of
  • Names all of his barnyard animals and makes their sounds
  • Weighs in at 23 lbs. It hasn't changed for like 6 months
  • One more tooth needs to come in!!!!
  • Has been off of his binky for about a month and it was an easier transition than I thought it would be! I'm so happy that he cooperated with us! I tried a number of things to get rid of it: #1-Tried cutting off the nipple-Uh, he still found a way to suck on it! #2-Garrett kept biting holes in it, so I thought, "Fine, he won't like the texture of it. It'll be too rough."-Um...nope! Didn't phase him one bit! #3-I dipped it in Hot Sauce and gave it to him!! He popped it in and popped it right back out with a disgusted look on his face! YES!! It worked!! I then made the same face he did and said, "Gross! Yucky binky!" He asked for it a few times at nap and bed time, but for the most part, the "B" word is rarely mentioned!

It seems like he is doing a lot more than mentioned! I'm still having a hard time believing that he will be 2 next month! We love ya, Garrett! :)

4 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

He is such a handsome little guy. I am amazed by all he does. He sure has one great mommy. I can't believe he will be two in a month either. So sad.

Valerie and Garrett said...

What a cutie! You asked about brock's tractor cake...i just baked the base in a bread loaf pan and cut out the nose/body of the tractor. The cab part was rice krispy treat cut to shape and size and the wheels are different sized doughnuts dipped in chocolate to make them the same color. The rest is just frosting to make it look how you want. It really wasn't too hard, just time consuming. Good luck. Hope you post pictures of whatever you end up doing! I'm sure it will be great! :)

Richard said...

He is getting really big really fast. Too fast! Stop!

It was really fun to see the beautiful picture of your family across the hall from my room at the hospital. So beautiful!

The McClure's said...

Oh he is sooo cute Taunya! We need to plan a play date with these two little boys of ours.