I took Garrett to his 2 year check up yesterday. More like his 2 1/2 year check up since I forgot and just didn't do it in March when he actually turned 2. I think he is traumatized with anything relating to a Dr. visit due to his stitches incident. The doctor (which happens to be his aunt Tiffany) couldn't even look in his ear without him freaking out! I'm SOOOO glad he didn't have to get any shots and won't get any until Kindergarten-yipee! :) Here are some of his stats for 2 years:
- Weighs 26lbs. (16%) I was informed that percentage dropped from 22% since his 18mo. check up. However, I am someone who doesn't think high numbers are important, and I just chalk it up to this: Garrett is way more active than he was at 18mo. so of course, it's going to be lower.
- Height 36 inches (18%) Again, I was told that's not very high. Well, John and I aren't giants ourselves. Yes, our children will be shorter than average.
- Eating habits: Doing good, could be doing better as far as more calcium intake. Favorite foods for breakfast are pancakes, eggs, oatmeal or cereal. Lunch: Ramen noodles, chicken nuggets, pizza with some vegetables thrown in there. Dinner: Lasagna, hot dogs, pizza. Hot dogs are a must lately! :) One night we were at a park, and Garrett got a whiff of someone grilling and he innocently says, "mmm, i wanna "ot dog"! Then, for lunch one day, we went to DQ and got Garrett his very own corn dog-first timer! He kind of looks at it skeptically, takes a bite, and raises his eyebrows and says, "there's a "ot dog" in here!" It was so funny! John and I just laughed!
- Sentences are coming together! He is doing such a great job with his speech and learning how to put words together.
- Can count to 10 and say his ABC's with help
- Favorite Books: "If you give a dog a donut", "How do dinosaurs clean their rooms?", "Bear Hunt", "Snuggle Puppy", and really anything with a tractor in it. He loves to read!
- Favorite Primary Songs: "Nephi's Courage", "I love to see the temple", "Follow the Prophet", "Popcorn Popping", "I hope they call me on a mission" and "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam". Yes, all 6 songs must be sang at bedtime...sometimes more than once. He also likes "Eensy, Wensy, Spider" and "The Duck Song".
- Knows the colors red, yellow, green, blue, orange, purple and pink
- He LOVES and I mean LOVES to jump, bounce, run, skip, hop-you get the idea! He never stops to slow down! :) Swimming has been a favorite of the summer as well!
- Nursery...let's just say I hope the transfer to Sunbeams goes better
- He is now in a big boy bed and sleeps in there every night!
- He asks almost everyday if we can go drive by the temple. And when we do, he knows who is on top of the temple ("omoni"-Moroni) and that Mommy and Daddy got married there. Warms my heart-at least I'm doing something right! :)
- I have introduced him to Josh Turner music....and YES! He loves it! :) Every time we get into the car he hears the radio and says "I want Josh Turner". Who doesn't, really? ;) That a boy! Way to make your Momma proud! Songs that he recognizes are "Firecracker", "Your Man", and "Why Don't We Just Dance". Others songs that he sings are "Pontoon" by Little Big Town and "John Deere Action".


1 comment:
That corn dog story is cute, and funny. He's a fun little boy.
Post a Comment