Thursday, October 24, 2013

Garrett at 3 1/2 Years

Of course I can't leave out an update on Garrett! He is now 3 1/2 and going through a growth spurt! He's eating us out of house and home! Which is good, not complaining-he needs to grow! :) Some things that he has been doing lately are:
  • He is WAY into basketball! He loves to shoot hoops in the house, outside on the tramp, basically wherever he sees a hoop! I may be biased and a proud parent but he is a DANG good shot and is really good at his dribbling!
  • Can identify numbers 1-10 and can count to 20
  • Can say his ABC's
  • 2nd year of taking gymnastics. He loves it! It will be the last year he will do this because next fall he will be going to Preschool! Wow! 
  • He likes to go up to the farm and "help" his dad drive tractor, plant and dig, and do field work.
  • Movies/TV shows that he likes to watch are "Space Jam", "Open Season 2", "Despicable Me", "Fox and the Hound", "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse", and "Little Einsteins".
  • He's excited about becoming a big brother and a Sunbeam in Primary in January. 
I have to tell a funny story about Garrett: One night we were getting ready to go out to dinner and I pulled out some maternity pants to wear. Garrett looks at me, looks at the big, baggy pants, then back at me and says "Mom, why are you wearing your fat pants?...Cause you're gettin' fat?" What?! I have no idea where he even came up with that sentence! I just laugh at his innocence sometimes! :) He's a funny kid and I love how his personality is developing. He's going to be a great big brother!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a funny boy! I wish we could play with him more often. I'm so excited for you to have another baby too! Nothing helps mommy more than a built in playmate. =) Plus if all your kids are nearly as cute as Garrett you should have a dozen!