Friday night my little brother, Alex, returned home from his mission! He served in the Washington, D.C. South Mission. The past two years seemed to just fly by-I still can't believe that he's actually home! We have missed him so much and are so happy that he's back!
He flew in at 5:47pm Friday night at the Idaho Falls Airport. We saw him coming down the stairs, he saw the family, and then he just started sobbing...as we all did, I think! After all of the hugs, tears and pictures at the airport, we headed to my parents house for some dinner. Saturday we had a BBQ at my parents house and repeated last nights events.
He reported his mission on Aug. 19th. He did such an amazing job! I loved hearing about his mission stories and the experiences he had. Afterward, we had a luncheon over at the house with family and friends. We love you, Alex! WELCOME HOME!!
| We see him!!! |
| There he is! Finally home! |
| Garrett was only 5 1/2 months old when Alex left! |
| Grandpa McAffee and Alex |
| Alex and his best friend from high school, Darin Dooley |
| Alex and Hallie |
| Awww!! I was hoping Garrett would warm up to him! :) |
| The Siblings-All together again! |
| Garrett, Cooper and Hallie with their Uncle Alex! |


5 comments:
Wow! I can't believe it's been two years, either! My mom said they really enjoyed his report on sunday! It's so great to see pics of your entire family! Makes me miss you guys, though! I just love that Hill bunch! :) welcome home, alex!
Welcome Home Alex! He went to a pretty awesome mission;) So glad he is back safe and sound:) Love the pic of Garrett being shy with Alex, and the one off all the siblings:) Fun day!
YEAH! I'm so glad he's home. I don't even know Alex very well because he has been gone. I would have LOVED to come to his homecoming talk at church, but I got STREP throat! I was so mad. I almost came anyway, but that would be rude. "Welcome Home Alex, now get sick!" haha. I love the pictures of him with the little kids because they are so oblivious to what is happening. haha. Have fun with your brother. =)
Well that will bring tears to your eyes!!! How sweet. So glad he's home. My Dad said he did an amazing job on his talk. Wish I could have been there. Give him a hug for me. XO
I can't believe he is home already! It just seemed like yesterday when he left! Your hair looks so cute I love it!
Post a Comment