Sunday, March 30, 2014

She's Here!

 Yay! She's here! Finally, after 9 long months, Audrey Joslyn Spaulding joined our family on March 24th, 2014. John and I left early Monday morning and headed to Mountain View Hospital for my C-section. I'm not going to say that it was a great experience the second time around, but I think I did better (physically and emotionally) this time than I did with Garrett. They admitted us in at 5:15 a.m. and Audrey was born at 7:39 a.m. weighing in at 8 lbs. 7 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long! Yes, I was surprised by her weight, too! I didn't think I'd be having another 8 pound baby! She was actually an ounce bigger than Garrett!! We are very thankful that she arrived here safely and healthy!
9 months~March (The day before I went to hospital)

Audrey Joslyn Spaulding
Garrett meeting his little sister for the first time! He just loves her and holds her for about 2 seconds before he gets bored with her! He will be an awesome big brother! :)
Her first bath

We had a lot of visitors during our 3 day stay at the hospital! Lots of hugs and kisses for this little girl!

Uncle Alex
Ashley and her family came to see her
Hallie and Audrey
Cooper and Audrey
Racheal and Audrey
Granny and Grandpa Mel and Audrey
Aw! She has John totally wrapped around her little finger already!
Gabe and Shanley came to visit us on the second day
Sydney and Audrey
John's sister, Tyree and Audrey
John's sister, Tawnya and Audrey
Oh! I can't wait to dress her up in this! :)
Mom and Audrey!
Dad and Audrey
How sweet! I love this picture!

Audrey, Garrett and Dad



Audrey is a week old and we just love her! She had a little bit of jaundice during her hospital stay so we had to take her back the following Saturday for another test! Poor girl! The test came back really low (which is good!) Her jaundice is getting better and she is doing great! She sleeps a lot during the day and she does ok at night. As for me, I am up and around and feeling fine. I can't lift anything heavier than Audrey which is kind of annoying, but better safe than sorry! :) I can't wait until I am completely healed and starting to feel back to normal! 
Welcome to our family Audrey! You are such a joy already and a great blessing in our lives! We love you! :)

7 comments:

Brett and Cherice said...

Oh she's just perfect! Congrats to your cute little family! Audrey is lucky to have you guys!!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Congrats!! She is so cute and chunky! Love it.

Unknown said...

What a sweet girl. I love the name! Seriously beautiful! Was it just one you liked, how did you come up with it? Hope you heal quickly! XO

Ashley said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You look beautiful! You even have your hair braided all pretty. Audrey looks just like Garrett. Let's hope she has his beautiful red hair also. Heal up well and we will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Ps the Nii's are in our ward. They are so amazing! They are in the nursery with my "baby," Mitchell and he adores them.

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shanley said...

Oh goodness, she is just a doll! We love her already. So happy for your cute little family! =)

Kimber Bowen said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you and so excited you have a little girl. I LOVE her name. She is absolutely perfect and beautiful. Couldn't be more happy for you. I hope you continue to heal well.