Friday, January 2, 2009

*Happy New Year*

New Year's Eve: John and I had to work (only half day, of course). The night before we didn't have any idea on what we were going to do for New Year's-I think we were both bummed that we were going to be the only ones not doing anything fun. But, thanks to Aunt Connie, we ended up going over to her house and partying with Aunt Connie, Uncle Dave, Trenna, Trevor and Adria and Todd (all cousin-in-laws). John's sister Tyree came with her 3 girls and Adam, and also John's brother Garin came with his 3 kids. It was a houseful but it was funner that what John and I had planned!
We sat around eating and playing games, which is always fun. We played "Imaginiff..." and "Apples to Apples". Both favorites of mine. We played games for a couple of hours and before we all knew it-there was about 2 min before the New Year! I think this was the first year that I didn't watch "Dick Clark's Rockin New Year's Eve" with the ball dropping. John didn't even give me a New Year's kiss! HELLO!!! He did later of course but it's not the same! =)
We left the Bates' around 2:00 a.m. Thank heavens neither of us had to work the next morning!
New Year's Day: We both woke up around 10:00 a.m. It felt sooo good to sleep in! We took down our Christmas Tree and decorations, ate breakfast while watching the good old fashioned "Looney Tunes" on tv! Man, I miss those!! Around 1:00, we drove to John's parents house and decided to go sledding at "the pit". It was fun, but very cold and windy! We sledded for about an hour and then John tried to teach me how to snowboard. "Tried" being the keyword-we'll just leave it at that! I felt like a freakin idiot! Never again!
After sledding, we went back to the in-laws and had hot chocolate and dinner. It was a fun day but around 5:30 we were both dog-tired! We both had a fun couple of days! Happy New Year!!

3 comments:

lizzy said...

How funny, Josh didn't give me a New Years kiss either...what are we going to do with these no PDA boys?!? Don't rule out snowboarding just yet, give it at least a few trys on the bunny hill!

Carlson Clan said...

I LOVE the picture you put in your header. I've never seen anything so precious in my life. I'm going to take Cherice dinner tomorrow. I don't know yet what time though. It might be during the day. I'll call you if it's after your working hours. =) Hopefully we can get together soon!

the Petterson Family said...

We played both of those games too! Happy New Year!