
All winter long our furnace has been clicking on and off sparatically and finally last Friday it went off completely! Just in time for the big snow storm too! Lucky us! We now have invested in 3 space heaters and are living in an igloo! I've always wondered what that would feel like-Now I know!
We came home Friday night to a 54 degree house! And it keeps dropping! Being impatient with our landlord who has "fixed" the furnance numerous times before, John and I have had it! Wednesday night, we went looking for a new place to live. So many options out there! We did find a couple that we are interested in. I'm WAY excited to be looking at houses that actually work! Hopefully we find one soon! My bags are already packed!
I think this picture pretty much says it all!




5 comments:
Taunya! That stinks about the heat, but that is awesome you guys are looking for a new place:) Hey the house next to us, the brick one, is for sale for $99,000. Come to think of it the houses on both sides of us are for sale :( I promise we are good neighbors!! :) Let me know if you need to borrow a sweater or two:)
I totally know what you're going through! One of the apartments we lived at in Rexburg had not a single heater in the apartment working at one point...we had like 2 dinky space heaters to warm us. Then we decided to move back to Idaho Falls. We had it. No one would come fix anything. I just remember one night climbing in my bed expecting warmth and it was like ice under those covers. I had like 3 sweats on, 3 sweatshirts, wool socks and I had my hoodie tied over my head with a little hole to breath out of. I remember waking up once in the night and I could see my breath. I'm surprised they didn't find us dead and frozen to death in our bed the next morning! Luckily we moved out the following week!
That totally stinks! Our house is freezing and we DO have a working furnace! So are you thinking of buying or renting again? Good luck with your search and I will remember to wear my thermal undies on the 12th. ;)
yipes, i LOATHE, HATE, WOULD RATHER DIE, OR EAT MY EARS, than be cold!! are you moved yet? well, don't forget me you and katie need to get together!!
The last picture is pretty funny! Good luck with the house hunt and try to keep warm!
Post a Comment