Saturday, April 18, 2009

Motorcycle Mania!!

Today (April 18-Saturday) John had a motorcycle race at Noise Park. This was his first one-ever! He's always wanted to do some racing with his bike and it was so fun to watch him doing what he loves. The race was called an endurance race which meant that they had to see how many laps they could do in 2 hours on a 5-6 mile course! Talk about endurance!! There were about 20-30 bikers in John's group and he made 10 laps and came in 12th place! I was pretty proud of him! Not bad for a first timer! I was in charge of the video camera (obviously) and I recorded just about everything John did-so in advance I'll apologize for ALL of the videos!! These are mostly for family members who missed out on the race! :)
Baby chickens and a grandchild are obviously more important than a son-in-law!! Just kiddin mom and Ashley!! He! He! Hope you enjoy the pics!


And they're off!!!! John is in the 2nd row,
3rd rider from the right (#4)


I think this was the start of the First Lap


Before the race-I think John looks
so HOT in his riding get-up!!!


Before the race-my dad and robert came to
watch John as well


After the Last Lap



There was a part of the course that went
through a canyon-jagged riding!



Whoa~Nice helmet hair!




Y-OUCH!! Battle Wounds!!

The price you pay for riding around for 2 hours!



Very proud wife!! Good job Johnny!!


I'm just glad that he made it through the race
alive and without any major injuries!!





This is the last video....I swear!!! :)

Again, I'm sorry for all of the videos! But, I did warn you and this was John's first race! Maybe I was too over-excited! Oh well! I hope you all enjoyed!!! I sure did!!

4 comments:

Brett and Cherice said...

That is awesome! Go John!! How fun and the weather was great:) You too are too cute! I am excited for our girls night - see ya soon:)

the Petterson Family said...

That's awesome. Connel LOVES riding! I'm sure when I show him these videos he will get all homesick!

krystale said...

hey hey!! how fun!!! i miss you and I am sad we didn't get to say goodbye!! but at least that's what blogs are for right?

Ashley said...

Sheesh! Okay, I get your point-I feel horrible now! I had so much going on that day but I am sorry I missed his race. I will come to his next one, I promise.