Tuesday night John and I went to the temple with his parents to do some sealings. It was wonderful, I haven't ever done those before. Confession: John and I haven't been back to the temple since our wedding! I know-it's terrible! I was so excited but also very nervous, too. Flashbacks of when I took out my endowments were all I could think about! It was a great experience and also very traumatic! I was in tears (not of joy, of complete embarassment) before the session was even half-over! I did EVERYTHING wrong!!! And I hate being embarassed-which made it a whole lot worse-I don't handle embarassement very well...at all!
So, in preparation that I didn't screw up again, I asked John to explain everything that would be going on-which he did-and he also said "if all else fails, my mom will be there to help you." No worries, right? Wrong!! Linda and Bruce had gotten there before John and I showed up so I had to do everything by myself! Ya know-those gold little stickers for "first-timers" don't work!! They should be big, flashing neon signs instead! Everyone just assumed that I'm a good mormon girl and go every weekend like I'm supposed to and left me to fend for myself! Anyways-like I said this is the first time I had ever done sealings and had no clue where to go. The women's dressing room, I suppose? Quick question-Where would that be?!
I get my temple clothing on-not knowing that I had to put everything else on and just start aimlessly wandering inside and that's when I hear "Sister! Sister! Where are you going?" I was like-This cannot be happening!!! So, I go back into the women's dressing room and finished getting dressed and the matron took me to the sealing room where everyone was waiting for me!
I'm not really sure how much detail I can go into but I really enjoyed doing the sealings. I had told John what had happened to me and all he could do was laugh! Thanks hon.
Aside from the embarassment I had a really nice time at the temple and I hope John and I can make this a regular. Afterwards, we went and ate at Chilis (always a favorite).


2 comments:
It can be overwhelming but it helps when you let people know you're still fairly new at the whole thing and then they'll tell you what to do! I remember that feeling my first few times. We should all go and do a session for one of our girl nights, then you wouldn't have to do it alone!
"Sister, sister, where are you going?" Hilarious! I'm sorry but I had to laugh. Don't you know you can ask for directions? Lets go together next time...I need a good laugh.
Kidding. I feel for you. I really do. O well, it's over now.
Post a Comment