Thursday, August 20, 2009

Three Down, Six To Go!

Saturday I'll be at my 3 month mark! For the past 12 weeks I have been sick. Not throw up sick (thank goodness) but I get bad bad headaches everyday-all day! There has been a couple of times where I have had to skip out on work (um, darn) because my headaches and morning sickness have been unbearable. Some days I feel extremely lazy! All I want to do is just lay down and sleep! Does the nauseous and headaches last? I hope not. I've heard that doing some exercises help but I haven't felt like lacing up my tennis shoes and going for a run.....


Last Sunday, I was getting dressed for church and I noticed that when I went to zip up my skirt it was getting a little tight! I kinda had mixed emotions about that one. On the one hand it's exciting but on the other hand...I HATE the feeling of being fat!!!


I didn't think I was showing due to the fact that I haven't been gaining/losing weight, my diet hasn't really changed and my shirts and pants fit just the same but I was over at a friends house last night and she mentioned that she could see a little pooch going on! I had mixed emotions about that one, too! On the one hand I now have an excuse for my fat stomach but on the other hand...I'm only 3 months along! Am I supposed to be showing this early?? I remember my sister not showing until she was like 4 months along! It makes me wonder if I'm going to be popping out a 12 pounder!! Which could be a good possiblity since I weighed 7'11 and John weighed a whopping 9'15!!


A few weeks ago, John's sister bought me this book:


I love it! I don't follow it page for page but it's interesting to read about how our baby is growing and what kind of changes it'll be going through this week (as well as what my body changes will be). This week baby is over 2 inches long and fingers and toes have seperated completely. At my next dr's appt we will be able to hear the heartbeat! I'm getting so excited!

Cravings: Fruit-sounds so good no matter what time of day it is. This month it was nectarines, peaches, and cantaloupe.
French Fries-preferably Red Robin (I crave them everyday but I don't eat them everyday!)
Granola Bars-Strawberry/Vanilla
Saltine Crackers-I eat them mainly because I know that they will help with headaches. I also like them with peanut butter spread on top of them
Candy-Anything sweet or tart like Laffy Taffy's, Smarties, or Jolley Ranchers
Squash-Spaghetti Squash (ever heard of it?) SO GOOD!! It tastes just the way it sounds. I like it cooked in the oven with salt and pepper and a little marinara sauce for dipping.


So I'm going to use my blog as kind of a personal pregnancy journal. Sorry if it gets boring but I just thought it would be fun to go back and read what I was experiencing. Any tips or advice or if someone even wants to go on a walk with me--it would be appreciated!

10 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

So sorry about the morning sickness. That did stink. It does eventually get better. I also love hearing about the things that are going on during your pregnancy that is a great idea. I did crave french fries too!!! Keep up your fun journal. I love it.

Brett and Cherice said...

Good idea on the pregnancy journal! Its fun to hear from you:) I am sorry I noticed your LITTLE baby bump, but it is so cute:) I am so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see your little one, he/she and
Logan will be great friends!:)

Peterson Family said...

Thanks for being so good with Braden! I felt really bad that he was so awful but I knew that it had to be done. Oh well, no more visits for a while. By the time he has to go back in, you will probably not be working there. What will we do?! Anyhow, I'm sorry about the morning sickness. It really does stink--I haven't forgotten! It does get better for a couple months until that last week or so and then you just want to pop! But then it's over like that and you have a beautiful baby. It's amazing! The baby bump---oh, it's such an awkward stage. Not quite maternity clothes, but nothing fits quite right. I started showing with Kyden at 2 or less months. It was bad! The middle stage is the best because you actual show and people don't just think you are getting fat and you feel great (usually). Good luck! I'll check in occassionally to see how you are! It's fun to read!

Ashley said...

I'm telling ya, those ginger tablets will help with the nausea! And whatever, you aren't showing yet! At least I didn't notice. Just remember too, you aren't getting fat, you're pregnant. Most of the weight goes away once you have the baby anyway. I also liked that book. Have you turned to the last couple of chapters about birth? I couldn't look...! :) I'll try and have fruit and granola bars on hand for you and I always have Saltines!

Keep up the journal. I wish I had started my blog before I had Hallie so I could go back and compare.

Andrew and Steph said...

Since I'm so experienced on the subject. . . :)Ok I don't have any advise, but it will be fun to read about all the fun experiences you are going through. Good luck with everything!

Elliot and Traci said...

CONGRATS on the baby! We are excited for you!

Shy said...

It's been a while since I've visited blog land...congratulations! I am so excited for you! The McAffee fam just keeps growing, I love it! Sorry about the morning sickness, you will LOVE your 2nd tri. you have energy and no sickness it's great! Good luck with everything! Love you!

Sweet Em said...

OOOOH - so you are the mystery "cousin who announced her pregnancy" that Laura was talking about! Congratulations!

With Tessa I had to (got to) buy maternity pants at 10 weeks, even though I don't think I got that big by the time she was born. Embrace it, stretchy is better than not, its a good life lesson to learn!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

yea!! A little bit farther a long. Hope you get to feeling better, but so glad it isn't the puking all day long. Love to have updates of your pregnancy and the little one. love ya!

the Petterson Family said...

Yeah! I am using my blog as a pregnancy journal too, so don't be sorry, that's what blogging is for!

That book has been a life saver for me!