Ok, so ya know how in my last post I said that John's birthday was an extra special one?? I gave John a BIG surprise and a birthday present he'll never forget! Well, no sense in beating around the bush.....I'M PREGNANT!!!! YIKES!!! We're both very excited and me? Honestly, I'm very scared! And excited too of course!!! After I took the test, I kept running into the bathroom just to make sure there were double lines and I wasn't dreaming it! I was crying, laughing, screaming, jumping up and down with excitement!!
Just to fill everyone in...I'm starting my 10th week this Saturday! And my due date is March 12th! We were trying to keep it a secret until my 2nd dr. appt was over but that's not til the end of Aug. and we just couldn't wait that long!! For the past 9 weeks I have had morning sickness, but not to the point where I've been throwing up-which has been great! I've just been really light-headed and nauseous. Thank goodness for Saltine Crackers! Those things have been life savers!
This week has been the first week that I haven't been sick! Just really really tired! I really hope that means the morning sickness is going away!
My first Dr.s appt was quite the experience: I knew that we would probably get our first ultrasound but I didn't even think about the option of having my blood taken! Ok so for those who don't know me that well...I DO NOT DO WELL WITH NEEDLES!!!! AT ALL!!! So here I am lying on the table working myself up-nerves are sky high! The nurse comes in and starts with my right arm. Tears are just about on the surface when she tells me that she has to switch to my other arm and try again!!! HUH?! I just looked at her with a blank stare and was like "You are kidding me! You have to do this again!!" At this point, tears are now streaming down my face. Then, the nurse just says "well you better get used to it cause it's gonna happen more often." I looked at her and was thinking "then poke me right the first time!" Apparently my right arm didn't have enough blood supply to fill up 5 viles! That's right! 5!!!
After my whole body was drained (that's what it felt like anyways), I just layed there on the table and started shaking uncontrollably! I'm pretty sure I was on the borderline of going into shock! John was there with me of course trying to help his wussy-of-a-wife gain control of my body. I was literally shaking for 15 minutes. My hands were white and clammy and I'm sure my face was about the same.
Later, we told both of our families and they were just as excited as we were!
John and I are very anxious about what the next 6 1/2 months are going to bring! I can't wait till we actually find out what we're having! As long as it's healthy I don't care if we have a boy or girl but I know that John wants a boy really bad!! I'm not showing yet and I can't wait til I do!! This week our baby is the size of a medium green olive and next week it'll be the size of a small plum! It's growing really fast!! All I can do is just smile!


13 comments:
OH MY GOSH TAUNS!! I am so happy and excited for you guys! Just add one more adorable little one to the McAffee family!!! I can't wait. Love you!
I'm going to be an aunt! Yay! I can't wait!
Okay... so I hope you don't mind or think I'm weird, but I was just doing some blog hopping/stalking and I found yours. Congrats!! That is so exciting! You probably wondered what you got yourself into seeing Braden screaming in the dental chair and Kyden whining and climbing all over everything. But thank you so much for being so good to him. We appreciate it! Glad you're feeling better. I hate those first 3 months!
Candi
I am so dang happy for you guys. I just tear up thinking about it. You will be the best mom! Congrats! Love ya!
Yeah! That's so exciting and great news. You are going to be the cutest little mom! I bet after awhile you'll get use to the needles. . . hopefully :) Good luck with everything and I'm excited to read future post!
Congrats Taunya!! You and John are going to be great parents!
CONGRATS!!! SOOO excited for you guys. You'll have such adorable kids. Take care of yourself. Love ya!
Ok so I was just thinking today about you and I go you know what I bet Taunni is prego. Then I got working and totally forgot about it. Then I was just checking blogs for the day and guess what your prego!!! I'm so FREAKIN excited for you I can't believe it! I hope you start feeling better and trust me you don't want to show fast!!! Good luck!
baby baby baby!!!
congratulations.
hallie will have a little play mate and gma will have another one to spoil. yay!
HURRAY!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the greatest! No worries about needles, you will be used to them by the end of your pregnancy. :) This is so exciting! I hope you morning sickness stays low key. You are so lucky! Congrats!
Hey. Hope you don't think I am a crazy blogger or anything, but I just found your blog. I am so excited for you. Congrats. Being a mom is so dang much fun. I love it. You are so cute and you are going to have a blast at what you do.
Congratulations to both of you. Babies are the best. You can't even comprehend the diffrence they will make in your lives. All for the best.
AAA! I didn't know! I am so happy for you! I am so happy that our kids will be close in age! You are going to be such a good mommy!
Post a Comment