Saturday, July 25, 2009

John's Birthday BBQ Bash!

On July 23rd John turned 24! This was an extra special birthday for John...and me too! (wink) John and I spent his birthday opening presents and then going out to "Garcia's" for dinner, which is one of our favorite places to eat.


I felt like I didn't get a lot for John compared to ALL of the presents he got me on my birthday but ya know, it's harder to shop for guys, I think!!

Before his birthday, I made him go with me to "Sportsman's" so that he could pick out the right pocket knife he's always wanted! So he already knew one present he was getting and, bless his heart, he still acted surprised! (more for my sake probably)


A "BenchMade" pocket knife


John acting surprised!



I also got him "Diesel" cologne. It smells soooooo good!



As you can see.....



The bottle is shaped like a fist! It's awesome!

Oh goody! Another shirt! I'm sure that's just what he wanted!
Like he doesn't already have enough of those!

He acts like such a little boy on his birthday! I love it! And that's one of them many reasons why I love him!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
John's BBQ:


"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you!...."

John's parents and aunt and uncle


Nick, Ashely, Hallie, and Robert

Ready to blow out the candles!



Make a wish!


I ordered John an Oreo Ice Cream cake from DQ

I also made cupcakes for the little kids and it's a good thing I did cuz we almost ran out of cake!

John was the grill master for the BBQ. He grilled cheeseburgers and hot dogs and they tasted really good! Here's John, Adam and Trevor enjoying some yummy cake!




Eating cake

Later, John started up a fire and some of us roasted marshmellows and made smores and then John lit off the rest of our fireworks for the little kids!
A special thanks to everyone for coming and celebrating John's birthday!!
Happy Birthday John! I love you! Here's to many more......

5 comments:

Carlson Clan said...

What a fun birthday! And yes, guys are MUCH harder to shop for!

Andrew and Steph said...

Presents and birthday cake is so fun! It doesn't matter how old you are. Looks like you guys are having fun!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday John! Thanks for the wonderful occassion that brought was together.

Brett and Cherice said...

Happy Birthday John!! Good job Taunya on a fun party and great gifts. I love the cologne shaped like a fist:)

krystale said...

Tmoney! no i didnt get the job.. hahah it's okay though im still waiting for a real job, this is just my summer job.