Thursday, July 2, 2009

....And then some.....

...The other night, I opened up our cake top from our wedding reception! Did anyone else savetheirs or is it just some silly tradition that I followed?? I saved it because 1.) It's tradition and 2.) When it was time to cut the cake at our reception, John and I just got a forkful of frosting-didn't even taste the chocolatey goodness underneath!
So, I pulled it out of the freezer and was shocked to see that the cake top was pretty much still in tact! It's been buried under so many things I was for sure it was smashed. Thanks mom for wrapping it up so well!

I absolutely loved our cake! It turned out better than expected and I got so many complements on it!


John and I did cut ourselves a slice and it was very....gross!! Aw! Man! It was a little bit freezer burnt and the frosting/fondant was kinda slimy and gooey. To my disappointment, I ended up throwing it away! Yep, the first year is officially over! It was so sad to see it in the garbage!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

We saved ours too but I couldn't bring myself to eat any of it. Blah! But, we had to save it for tradition sake...