...You were wrong!! :) That's right-John and I are having a little baby boy!! :) Needless to say that John is more than thrilled! And so am I! I guess a mother's instinct is always right-I sorta had a feeling that this little baby would be a boy! (John was just hoping).
Well, where to begin-My appt. was on Friday Oct. 23rd at 10:00 a.m. and it just couldn't come fast enough! It seriously was the longest week ever! Once I got there, they had me where a protective mask just to take extra precautions with the swine flu going around and things like that. Ya, I felt (and looked) pretty retarted but anything to prevent any unwanted sickness.
This appt. was an overall ultrasound. They took about 40+ images of the baby just to make sure things are developing and functioning like they should. After about 1/2 hour of taking pictures...the radiologist reviewed all of them with us and when she got to the legs she mentioned "...And this is between the legs..." At first it didn't register with me what she was getting at and then John pipes in "IT'S A BOY!!" I just started bawling...in a good way! :)
The ultrasounds were amazing! He (now I can say "he" instead of "it") was sleeping and all curled up, his little hands were up by his cute little face, we saw his fingers and toes and he even gave us a little smile! It just melted my heart! Oh! He's so cute! I just wanted to hold him right then and there! Just look at him!! The radiologist only gave us about 4 ultrasounds to take home. This one that's posted, one of his face, one of his foot, and one of him.... spread eagle! :)
After my appt. we called family and they were just as excited as we were! I know my brothers and dad are way excited to have a grandson/nephew! :) So, what did I do next? Hopped in the car and went to Old Navy with Ashley and Hallie and bought baby's first outfit! Hopefully, he fits in it cause I think it's just the cutest! :) I can't wait to hold him in this!
Well, I could go on and on about my baby boy but there are a few things that I want to catch up on. Some of you may have heard that John and I have also bought our first home! Paperwork started about the middle of September and we were hoping to be closing Oct. 6th but we all know how the government is with their money so we will be officially closing on the house Oct. 30th and moving in that weekend! We will still be here in Shelley over in the Bird Addition. We actually got the house for a really good deal considering it's size. It's a 5 bedroom 2 bathroom home with some cosmetic updating that John and I will do down the road but for right now, it works! I'm so excited to finally have my own home and start painting and re-carpeting. Any ideas for colors for the baby's room?? I have no idea!
Ok so I told myselt that I would NEVER post a pregnant picture but John insisted so...here ya go! This is what I look like at 5 months! Actually, I think this picture was taken at about 18 weeks...I've grown since then! I probably will post more the further I get along but for now, just one will do! (Please excuse John's pile of laundry on the couch!)
So, yes that is how far along I am...5 months. 20 weeks and 2 days to be exact. For me, it's gone by way too slow! And I have already made my first purchase at "Motherhood" I needed a brown shirt for Spaulding Family Pictures and mine are getting a wee bit too tight! It's not the most flattering shirt but for picutres...it worked. But I'm still forcing myself into my pants! I think I started feeling the baby kick around 18 weeks. I was having a hard time figuring out if the movements were baby or gas but now I know for sure when the baby moves or kicks! It's weird....but a good kind of weird.
We took our video camera with us to the appt. and I was going to upload it but it was taking forever so I just deleted it and I'll post it another time. Basically it was of us finding out whether the baby was a boy or girl and our reactions to the news!
4 more months just seems so far away....And Ash, I can't wait to find out what you're having!
4 more months just seems so far away....And Ash, I can't wait to find out what you're having!


16 comments:
Congrats!!! A little boy is wonderful! You look so good by the way!!! Also congrats on your house that is great!! It is always a mess buying a house. Closing never happens on time. COngrats again!
Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! You are so cute with your little baby bump! :) Love you!
What a very informative and fun post!!! Congratulations. Of course, a boy just seems to fit with you guys. I bet John is so excited. Four more months will go by slowly for you, but then the nine months after that will fly. So here is a quick tip or two to avoid swine (or any other flu) gargle every night and morning with salt water and if you feel like you are coming down with the flu, put a sliver of garlic in a few water bottle and drink them throughout the day. (Just a sliver, you don't want to even taste it very much). Two really great ways to avoid the flu and the nasty vaccination against it.
Ok, I'll admit it, I was wrong! I've never been so excited to be wrong though. I'm so happy you are having a boy. He is a little cutie.
Thanks for letting me and Hallie go shopping with you. I can't wait to see him in his first little outfit. As for the colors of his room, I think brown and blue would be so cute. It will be so nice to be in your own house when he arrives. Love you!
A little boy will be so cute!! I am so excited for you and bump, what bump? You are too cute.
That is so awesome you're having a boy! You have to keep posting prego pictures because I don't know why, but everyone loves to look at them I swear! It's like seeing the little guy grow. I'm glad everthings going good for you guys.
Congratulations! A boy just seems to suit you two! You look great! Love ya!
Tauns, That is so exciting! Congrats! We love you.
Taunya! That is so awesome! Baby boys are so much fun. And oh my goodness you are 5 months and tiny! I don't know if I would think you were prego! I on the other hand will not be posting a side view of my large and in charge belly! Enjoy the pregnancy though...they are a little easier to take care of when they stay put. (:
OH- boys are super fun! I am so excited for you!!! You look so great! So tiny for almost 20 weeks!!! Lucky you!!!! Congrats on the new house. So many fun things happening at your house lately!!!
Thanks so much for texting to tell me what you were having! I'm so excited for you. You're going to be such a good mommy. You are so, so TINY! I'm glad you're going to be closing on your house soon. Let us know if you need any help. Also, I keep forgetting to reply about your comment about Saydi's eyes. It totally wasn't rude at all! I knew what you meant and I didn't even think twice about it so don't you fret. Husbands tend to pick up on things like that that girlfriends don't even think about. =) Hope you're doing good!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! That is so exciting! I really wanted our first to be a boy! I am excited for my other kids to have a big brother. You look AMAZING for 5 months! or 18 weeks, whatever it was! And that is so great on the house! For baby boy room colors, I tried to do something that was cute for Graham as a baby but also grown up enough that he can keep the colors for a couple of years. I didn't want to have to redecorate everything when he turned two or three because he had outgrown what the original decor was. But I am sure whatever you guys do will be super cute! Keep the pictures coming!
Oh congrats! We love boys at our house and I'm sure he will fit in perfectly in your family! And he will for sure be so cute! You are so tiny and cute! I have to admit that when I read about feeling the baby move, it made me think I could do it again because it is just so amazing! The whole process and then having those special spirits in your home and watching them grow is pure joy! Don't worry, you'll be holding your little baby boy before you know it and he'll be all grown up! It really is crazy how fast the time flies!
And I had no idea that you were buying a house, but that is wonderful! Congrats! So exciting! Good luck with the move and everything!
You've gotta be kidding me...you are tiny!
Congrats girl! I love my little boys they are defently momma's boys and yes I LOVE EVERY minute of it! Your's will be a momma's boy too but he'll still love his daddy when he goes on the motorcycle lol! I'm so exicted for you!
Taunya, I thought I had commented, but I am a little slow!! I am so excited you guys are having a BOY! He is going to be so handsome!! Love the picture of your tiny baby bump:) I also love the new outfit!
Post a Comment