Friday, January 14, 2011

Garrett At 10 Months

Garrett is 10 months today! Here are some things that he has been doing over the last month:
  • His crawling is out of control! He's everywhere!! Which means he's into everything!! I feel like he hears the words "no, no" a lot!
  • He has figured out how to pull himself up! He will crawl over to the tv, pull himself up and just stare...probably not the best thing for his eyes, but he'll drop down on his bum a few seconds later. We've definately had our first of many, many bumps and bruises
  • I'm teaching him to walk...however, I think he'll learn how to run first!
  • Has 2 teeth on bottom
  • Smiles all the time! I love it! :)
  • A MAJOR MOMMA'S BOY!!! Funny Story: He will be totally zoned in on a toy or something out in the living room, notice that I am missing (most of the time I'm in the bathroom getting ready), drop the toy, crawl across the living room, down the hallway, and into the bathroom and find me!! I just can't seem to get a minute to myself! Oh, how I love it though because I know that it won't last for very long.....
  • Weighs 22+ lbs. His next checkup isn't til after he's one so with the weight I'm just guessing
  • Can hand-feed himself snacks (motor skills are working!)
  • Sleeps in the most random positions! I'll put him asleep on his tummy and go to check on him and he's flipped completely around, facing the other end of his crib. Sometimes, he will bury his face in the corner of his crib or his blanket-I'm surprised he hasn't suffocated himself yet! :) Or, he'll tuck his legs underneath him so his bum is pointed up in the air!
  • He is doing better at sleeping through the night, although there are some nights where he will wake up 2-3 times
  • Recognizes pictures of himself and knows when the camera is pointed at him! We've all seen the cheesy grin...no need to say more! :)
It seems like he's doing/learning something new everyday! He's just changing so much! We love him so much and are so thankful that he is in our lives!

5 comments:

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

REally? Ten months? In a few the boy will be one! He is such a cute boy.

Looke like the demolition is going well. Please show the final when it gets done, sounds exciting!

Andrew and Shandee said...

Wow is he getting so big. Time flies by.

Ashley said...

I agree that he will run before he walks :) It's a fun stage right now, isn't it?!

Caroline Craven said...

He is such a cute little (using the word "little" loosely here)boy. Just when you think he is as cute as he can possibly get and can't do anything cuter than he's doing right now, he will get even cuter, and funnier. 0-6 years is my favorite time.

Peterson Family said...

I can't believe he is 10 months old already! He is so cute! It makes me sad already to have a new baby cause I know she'll grow faster than I want! But I do have to say, fun comes in the different stages of children so I'm trying to enjoy all of them! The bonus about kids getting older is they can do more on there own--usually!!