Let me back way, way up to when we first moved into our house....The main bathroom had not one, not two, but THREE ways you could get into it! There was, of course, the main entrance from the hallway (the normal entry), a door that connected our bedroom and the bathroom together, and then once inside the bathroom, there was a 3rd door called a "privacy room" (or so I'm told) that just had the toilet and the shower! I felt like I had to go through all 3 doors just to sit on the toilet! It drove me crazy!! So, a couple of months ago I asked John if he would take down the "privacy door" and the door that connects the bathroom and our bedroom...which left a gaping hole in the wall. Not much for privacy, but I could deal with it for awhile.
Well, last Saturday, John was bored out of his mind and was being all ancy-nancy just sitting here, so he and my dad ripped out the door frames and put up a wall...No more hole! :) Then, being the great thinker that I am, (jk) I asked John if he would knock out the wall/doorway "privacy room" so the bathroom would look bigger! And, he did!! Little did I know that John would have to remove all of the wiring and re-wire to the main switch so the fan would still work..ha, ha, oops! Sorry! I think I actually made more work for John than he wanted. :)
Now, the bathroom just has ONE entry way! No more confusion and no more playing "Which of these 3 doors will lead to the bathroom?"
Well, last Saturday, John was bored out of his mind and was being all ancy-nancy just sitting here, so he and my dad ripped out the door frames and put up a wall...No more hole! :) Then, being the great thinker that I am, (jk) I asked John if he would knock out the wall/doorway "privacy room" so the bathroom would look bigger! And, he did!! Little did I know that John would have to remove all of the wiring and re-wire to the main switch so the fan would still work..ha, ha, oops! Sorry! I think I actually made more work for John than he wanted. :)
Now, the bathroom just has ONE entry way! No more confusion and no more playing "Which of these 3 doors will lead to the bathroom?"
Starting the process...
Hole is gone, hole is gone, hole is gone! :)
Hard at work....
It's still in shambles right now, but I'm so excited to see how it will look when it's all done! :) Thanks John and dad!


3 comments:
Sweet!!! How very talented of John. I don't know if Mckay could handle that. But that's okay, because I couldn't even put a bookcase together.
Geez I wish Mark would do home improvement projects when he's bored! He just watches Smallville instead. Barf.
That's great you have a couple of handymen around to get those projects done. That will be invaluable in years to come.
Post a Comment