Thursday, July 14, 2011

Going Once! Going Twice! SOLD!

We have officially sold our house! Surprised? Us, too! It happened unusually fast. Faster than I wanted, anyway. Here's the story: John's sister got married about a month ago and her husband is stationed in Kansas for the military for 1-4 years. So, while their family is living in Kansas, we will be house sitting for them! Probably not for the entire 4 years, but we'll see what happens.
Anyway, we (and when I say "we", I mean "me") were being slow-pokes about getting a "For Rent" sign in our yard, then one night, John posted it on Craigslist. The next day, John got an email from a family who will be moving up here before the school year so their boy can play sports. That night we showed the house to them and before they left the Dad wanted to know if we would sell it to them instead of rent!
I'm going back and forth with my feelings on it. It will be a great opportunity for us to save up some money but I love where we are, our ward, the friends we've made in our ward, our neighbors and the fact that I have a babysitter right around the corner-mom and dad, that's you! :) So...ya! We'll be out of our house Aug. 1st, if not sooner! Yikes! Only 2 weeks! I better get packing!.....

Well....Here's to the new adventures that await us in Rigby!

8 comments:

Brett and Cherice said...

Oh my Heck Taunya! I can't believe you are moving.. and so soon!!! I am excited for you guys and it will be a fun adventure. You are so lucky to have sold your house so quickly:) I feel like a horrible friend for not hanging out much when we were so close here in Shelley! Sorry! We will have to come visit in Rigby! Let us know if you need any help with the move!

Becky said...

That is fast! Good luck with all of the packing and the move. And good luck in the new place!

Nicki Dunn said...

Congrats! How fun! & lucky. I want to house sit for a couple of year! haha. Good luck with the packing & everything.

Andrew and Steph said...

That's awesome Taunya! That must be a meant to be thing. That's so cool the money you'll save, I'm jealous. Oh and Garrett is getting so big. It's funny that he likes his tractor blanket because that's the same one that Hayden loves as well. I think Tausha gave it to him. Good luck with everything!

Kimber Bowen said...

That is crazy fast! I am excited for you. I hope the moving and packing goes well for you. I can't believe has old garrett is getting either. He does great with his talking. That is amazing. You are such an amazing mother.

Just the 2 of Us! said...

I'm excited for you guys! You won't be too far from your parents, which is nice. I love change and think it is always a good thing. Good luck packing and making the move.

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Wow that is so awesome for you guys! Can't believe how big Garrett is getting and what smart boy he is. Too cute!

Carlson Clan said...

Holy moly! That is crazy! I'm glad it went fast for you though. Hopefully this will be a fun new opportunity. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out. And if you have time I would love if we could all get together before you move! Maybe next week or something?