Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July 2011

4th of July! One of my favorite holidays! Every year my parents do a little BBQ at their house along with the slip n' slide! You can't beat grilled hamburgers and other yummy food! The weather was incredibly hot so, of course, swimming was in order...for some of us anyway. While some swam, others napped and ate dessert.

I bought this pool at Target for $5! I thought that it was so cute and this is basically what he did in it all afternoon!




I guess some of us will always be a kid! :)


Splash!


My dad and Garrett getting the slip n' slide going


First up, John! Who else, really?


Garrett trying it out....didn't like it!


But, he did like the pool the next door neighbors set up!


After the BBQ, we went to the greenbelt and watched the fireworks. I was a little worried at how Garrett would react to them. I didn't know if he would be scared or if I would be chasing him around the whole time! Surprisingly, he loved them and sat on my lap and just stared at the fireworks, which meant that I got to enjoy them, too!


Happy 4th Of July!

3 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

thanks for the blog invite. I was worried I wouldn't be able to see your cute family. It sounds like you had a wonderful fourth. I love the cute ducky pool and the handsome little guy inside. I really missed the Idaho Falls firework show, I am so glad you guys enjoyed it.

Ashley said...

The 4th was so much fun! I'm glad Garrett was good so that you were able to watch the fireworks.


Love your new font :)

Carlson Clan said...

So fun! You look so good Taunya. We need to get together and share these new babies. I miss you all!