Yesterday, I had my very anticipated doctors appointment-the one where we found out if it's a boy or a girl. Garrett and John came with me. I thought it would be fun for Garrett to see his little brother or sister on the screen and then see his reaction when the ultrasound tech would tell us the news!
She (the ultrasound lady) got everything set up and roamed around to check the heartbeat, which is normal, then she found the magic spot! Well....Garrett is getting a little sister! :) Yep! We are having a girl. And, I have to admit that while laying on the table, I wasn't sure how I felt about that news. I had geared myself up for another boy and I wanted Garrett to have a brother SO, SO badly! I honestly can't tell you what else was being conversed in the room or even if the ultrasound tech asked me any questions--I was still trying to process the words "it's a girl". I was told that while in my hazy daze, Garrett had said something really funny. He was looking at the screen and just blurts out, "I sure hope it's not a coyote in there!" What?! :) He is so random! I didn't even hear him say that. We got a couple of 3D shots of her (HER! I still can't believe it's a girl!) and some profile, and hand and feet pictures.
Afterward, I sat in my car and made the first phone call to my mom and the tears started flowing! But, they were not tears of joy. I feel horrible admitting that, which made me cry even harder! I should be feeling ecstatic about this! Just all of these emotions and thoughts flooded my mind. I wanted Garrett to have a brother so badly because ALL of his cousins around his age are girls! I wanted him to have someone he could play ball with, and wrestle around with and do boy things with, and it would have been easier for us financially if it was a boy-we already have the boy clothes and stuff!
Anyway, I had to go to Walmart to pick up a few things and while I was there, I found myself browsing the boy section! I stopped in front of these cute little basketball and baseball binkies and just started crying right there in the aisle. I didn't know what to do-I felt lost! So, I bought some girl binkies to help cheer me up-it helped a little, but just a little.
With emotions in check, I called Ashley to tell her the news and started crying again!! For heaven's sake! Why can't I be excited about this?! Everyone keeps telling me that these feelings are normal and it's ok to feel them but still...the rest of the day I was texting friends and family to tell them we were having a girl and I started to get a little more excited! It'll be fun to see what she will look like! I wonder if she'll have red hair like Garrett or be dark like John and I. I wonder if she'll be full of the gallons of energy like Garrett :) or be mellow and calm. I'm hoping for the latter :)
A day and a half later...WOW!! I'm having a GIRL!! :) I'm excited and I'm SO grateful that she is growing and developing normally. We have the pictures of the ultrasound on the fridge and I just smile. It will be so fun to have one of each! Garrett will be the best, protective big brother ever! He will just love her! And so will John and I! :)
We can always hope #3 is a boy, right? ;)
Anyway, I had to go to Walmart to pick up a few things and while I was there, I found myself browsing the boy section! I stopped in front of these cute little basketball and baseball binkies and just started crying right there in the aisle. I didn't know what to do-I felt lost! So, I bought some girl binkies to help cheer me up-it helped a little, but just a little.
With emotions in check, I called Ashley to tell her the news and started crying again!! For heaven's sake! Why can't I be excited about this?! Everyone keeps telling me that these feelings are normal and it's ok to feel them but still...the rest of the day I was texting friends and family to tell them we were having a girl and I started to get a little more excited! It'll be fun to see what she will look like! I wonder if she'll have red hair like Garrett or be dark like John and I. I wonder if she'll be full of the gallons of energy like Garrett :) or be mellow and calm. I'm hoping for the latter :)
A day and a half later...WOW!! I'm having a GIRL!! :) I'm excited and I'm SO grateful that she is growing and developing normally. We have the pictures of the ultrasound on the fridge and I just smile. It will be so fun to have one of each! Garrett will be the best, protective big brother ever! He will just love her! And so will John and I! :)
We can always hope #3 is a boy, right? ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment