This year we spent Thanksgiving with John's family. We started out our morning with the 1st Annual Spaulding 5K Turkey Trot in our subdivision. Some walked, some ran/jogged, and some rode bikes. It was really fun and I have to give myself props for #1: actually doing a 5K while pregnant, and #2: had the energy to actually jog for about 1/4+ mile! I know-big whoop! But, I was pretty proud of myself! :) Although, I did pay for it later with aches and pains in my lower back for the remainder of the day!
 |
| Turkey Trot Runners! It was a brisk morning! |
 |
| After the 5K, John and Garrett played a little football |
Everyone started showing up around 3:00 for dinner. The food was really yummy! We had about 40 or so family members come. It was a big crowd! After dinner, the guys all went out for about and hour to shoot clay pigeons.
 |
| Grandpa Bruce showing Garrett how to shoot clay pigeons! |
 |
| Richard, Jason, Don, and John |
|
|
|
I was in charge of a few games for the kids to play. We played "Pin The Feathers On Tom" and I had some of the kids make turkeys out of toilet paper rolls. I think they had a lot of fun! :)
 |
| Garrett's turn! He wasn't a big fan of the blindfold-he kept sneaking a peek! The little cheater! :) |
 |
| There were games for the adults too! |
 |
| The girls! Tausha, Tawnya, Tyana, Jenni, Tyree, Linda, Grandma Harry, Me and Tiffany | |
|
|
|
About 10:30 p.m. I went into Idaho Falls to do some Black Friday shopping with some of my family. Oh, it was a late night but I had fun! And, yes, I complained about my back the whole 5 hours we shopped! :) I got home around 4 a..m. and totally crashed onto my pillow!! It was so hard to wake up the next morning and function! It was worth it-we had some good giggles and we found some pretty good deals! :)
Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment