John and I got there Friday night around 11:00. Suprisingly everyone was still awake waiting our arrival!!! Some were playing card games and others sat around the campfire. John and his brothers pitched our tent and blew up our mattress (best $40 I ever spent!). Watching the boys pitch our tent was freakin hilarious! Finally about an hour later, we got settled in, chatted with everyone for a bit, then went to bed. I FROZE!!!
Saturday was a pretty nice day for boating and some wake-boarding!! We were at the lake all day! We all packed up a picnic and camping chairs, went down to our little "beach" and played in the sun! John did some wake-boarding (which I al
ways enjoy watching him do!)
We got done boating around 6:00 and went back to camp and has some dutch oven dinner. I'm not usually a huge fan of dutch oven, but it was actually pretty good. The rest of the night, we sang songs by the campfire, roasted marshmellows, and played some games. Saturday night was definately warmer than the night before!
On Sunday all of the boys went for a motor bike ride and left all of us women at camp! Uh...hello!! Thanks for the invite fellas!! They left around 10:30 in the morning and didn't come back until 2:00!! They had got caught in a hail storm on their way back from riding so they were are soaking wet when they got back! HA! HA! Serves them right for leaving all the women!! (Below is the picture when the guys got back from their little bike ride)
The second we got back from our hike, it started hailing and raining...HARD!!! So instead of freezing we all decided to head to Alpine sit in a nice warm place and eat some pizza! Well, when we got done eating it was still raining so we all decided to pack up our things and head for home. I'm glad that we did--cuz it was freezing cold! and cleaning/packing up in the rain wasn't that much fun either! Other than the rain, it was a really fun weekend! I loved getting to know John's family a little better and of course I loved spending time with John! That'll never get boring! :)


1 comment:
Sounds like you had a fun weekend! Brrr!
Post a Comment