A couple of weeks ago, John was assigned by his boss to go to Billings Montana and take some training for John's new job that he'll start the beginning of October. He will be one of the Managers in the Lawn/Garden Department at the job he's currently at. He was working selling tractor parts for John Deere.
So we left for Billings on Wednesday afternoon around 3:00. We drove through Island and West Yellowstone Park. I've always thought that was a pretty drive but for some reason this drive took forever! Billings is about 5 hours from Idaho Falls. I know that seems like nothing compared to others who have driven from Florida! ;)
We got to Billings around 9:00 that night, checked into our hotel and crashed on the hardest bed I've ever laid on!! As hard as it was-it was one of the best night's sleep I've had for awhile. John's training was all day Thursday and half day Friday. So guess what I did?? Stayed in the hotel flipping through channels going stir crazy! I was left without a vehicle and I could only walk up and down the hallway of the hotel so many times before it came annoying. Luckily, we were staying right across the parking lot from a "Cracker Barrell" Restraunt so I spent about an hour or so over there just browsing trying to decide if I really needed anything.
After John's training on Thursday, we went to Fuddrucker's and had some dinner. It was pretty good! We've both never have eaten there before. After dinner we headed over to the Mall. The mall is smaller than the one here in Idaho Falls so we didn't spend too much time there.
Back at the hotel we went for a little swim. And when I say little I mean we went for like 20 min tops! We were both really exhausted for some reason. Friday morning I was left without a car again so I just layed in bed, watched tv, and got ready while John was finishing up his training. We checked out of our hotel and headed for Polson, Montana to visit John's sister and her family. Another 7 hour drive ahead of us.....
We got to Polson Friday night about 8:00 and just kinda relaxed the rest of the night. Saturday, Adam and Tyana took us to this island that sits on a lake. It was gorgeous. Sailboats were everywhere! We found a little spot where we could swim. The water wasn't too bad.
This picture is John and Adam contemplating whether or not they are going to jump of the rocks into the water.....
This is Michael and Katie (Adam and Tyana's kids) They just barely had another baby about 6 weeks ago which was one of the reasons why we went and visited them. She is darling and it made me want mine here even more!
...Here goes John!
Then Michael had to take a turn being one of the big boys and jump off, too!
The 3 boys playing in the water
I was the official picture taker for the trip. There was absolutly no way I was going to get into the water!!
So John had just got out of the cold water and got me soaken wet....not to mention freezing as well.
No that's not a beached whale sitting next to John-it's me! This day in particular I was feeling extremely HUGE and extremely FAT!!! One of the not so good perks of being pregnant.
This is baby Karley. 6 weeks old. Sunday morning John and I offered to watch Karley while the rest of them went to Church. I was like "Uh....what do I do?!" Luckily, she slept most of the time...and in John's arms! So adorable!!
Sorry, I don't know how to rotate pictures on this thing! But you get the gist of it....
Ok so the reason why my facial expression looks nervous is because everytime I would hold her, I felt like I was going to break her! She is so tiny! It makes me wonder how well I'll adjust to my own baby....
I just wanted to take her home with us! March seems so far away! I just want to hold my own baby and I'm getting so anxious to see what it looks like!
Sunday afternoon we headed back home. Again, another long drive ahead of us. We got home around 10:00 that night and we both were not ready to start another long week of work! We love it when we have the chance to get away from everything. Our trip was fun and I think our favorite part of the whole thing was playing "parents" for 3 hours! :)


7 comments:
Hey you've been to my birthplace now! I was born in Polson. Looks like you guys had lots of fun. You are adorable and NOT fat. And don't worry...you'll adapt in two seconds when you finally get to hold your own. Promise!
Hey a 5 hour drive can seem close to 40ish sometimes :) You guys look like natural parents. I think you'll do just fine! And are you sure you're pregnant. . . You look great!
Hey I live like an hour from Billings down in Wyoming. Billings is kind of our "big town" if we want to do shopping or anything so an hour seems far but I guess you get used to it. I wish I would have known you were here Owen and I would have totally come up and hung out with you! Hope you're feeling good!
you are the cutest mommy-to-be! if your baby is born on 03/02 (my very own bday) i'll love him/her the most of all my cousins children. incentive? haha. xo.
What a fun trip!! You look great Taunya, and you are not fat!! I totally felt like you did
with your niece, I was so scared I was going to be scared of my own baby! But when it is your own it is SO different. You instantly kick into mommy mode:) It's wonderful!!
Taunya, honestly, you can't be serious about looking like a beached whale. Here's a little perspective for you - what until about the 8th month, then you'll know what a beached whale looks and feels like, Don't worry so much about gaining weight, it has to happen so that little one will be healthy, and trust me, it will come off! Hope the morning (aka "all day") sickness is wearing off. Love you tons.
Hi Taunya,
Try drinking a cup of peppermint or ginger tea, or any tea with peppermint or ginger in a combination. That is supposed to really help with the morning sickness.
Post a Comment