Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Spud Day 2009

September 19th was annual Spud Day. This year John and I were in the parade, Alex was in the parade and Shanley Searle (John's neice) was in the parade too. John drove a Sprayer from his work while I tossed out candy. It was really fun! We both had a good time laughing at the kids in aw over this huge machine we were in! Spud Day was a really hot day. It's a good thing my parents live a block away-we were back and forth from the park the whole day. We went over to get some lunch, ate it at my parents house, played Mario Kart, and then headed back over for some more food (well, mostly for the funnel cakes)!

This was Alex's float they decorated for "Natural Helpers"


This was Shanley's float they decorated for "Student Government"


Alex taking pride in the float. I guess they won 1st place in the decorating contest. Cool!


All the Natural Helpers...boy, that brought back memories....


John and I in front of the Sprayer just before the parade was starting


These people work with John. They drove this four wheeler and tossed candy


I think this is Mandy and her 2 boys

I tried taking some pictures from inside the Sprayer but it was too bumpy and I couldn't get good enough shots so after one picture I bagged that idea and finished tossing out candy

This picture is of Alex and Chelsie dressed up as nerds. There was a dance that night and this is how they decided to show up! They had it all-tape on the glasses, suspenders, and Alex's hair was parted down the side slicked back! I just thought this picture was funny!


We all had a fun time at Spud Day! I'm glad the city does it every year-but it does make for a long day!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

It was fun to see the picture of Alex and Chelsie before they went to the dance-what nerds!! Spud day is so fun and the food is awesome! Hallie had a lot of fun at the parade too.

alisekelley said...

I wasn't able to go to spud day this year. Looks like a fun day for you.