Friday, January 15, 2010

8 month checkup

Today I had yet another Dr's appt. I am happy, excited, nervous to say that this was my 8 month checkup! 8 Months!! Holy smokes! It's getting closer! In a nutshell, the checkup went fine. Dr. Hall told me that he's going to see me again in 3 weeks (I'll be 35 weeks along), and then after that it will be every week until I go into labor! Yikes! Talk about a reality hit. After my appt. I honestly just wanted my baby boy here! I feel like it's taken forever.
I guess here are some things we both have been doing to pass the time away:
1. We are still in the process of painting our house. We've kind of put the painting off for a bit-whether it be because we're lazy and don't want to or we're lazy and just don't want to...so tonight we decided that since I only have about 8 weeks left til Garrett's arrival, we better get a move on it. We'll be painting the baby's room and our bedroom along with the ceilings and trim. Anyone want to help? You're sure welcome to! :) It'll probably take us tonight and most of tomorrow but at least it'll get done...I hope.
2. I've been counting down the days of when my last day of work will be! I'm really excited about quitting and not having to work anymore! My job isn't really that bad and I have enjoyed working but I'm ready to stop and just focus on taking care of our baby. I feel really bad that John still has to keep working but he likes his job better than I like my job so I guess it's ok.
3. Hmm? What else have we been doing? Is that really it? Geez, we're boring people! All we do is work! What happened to the fun times we had when we were dating?? John and I did go and see "Sherlock Holmes" last Saturday night. It was a really good movie and it was funny! It was nice to get out of the house for a few hours....I've been feeling trapped!
Here's an update on how the pregnancy is going: Can I just complain for a minute? My back hurts, I can't sleep at night, I'm up around 3 am going pee, tossing and turning because my legs go numb, I hate that my stupid bra doesn't fit anymore and that my boobs are hanging down to my belly button and have stretch marks on them, and I hate that my legs are retaining water and my pants don't fit, and I hate that I can't bend over anymore to put on a freakin pair of shoes! Whew! I feel better just blurting that all out!
Ok I don't want to end this post on a bad note so here are some things that I have enjoyed about being pregnant: Things I'll miss when it's over: The special bond that I already have with the baby, the way John (and I) get excited when the baby moves, the so-called "pregnant glow" that I guess I have, my skin and nails have never looked better, sharing my pregnancy with my sister and swapping stories, and the way John will just touch my stomach for no reason. The things I've enjoyed: the fact that people keep telling me how tiny I am (even though I know the truth), eating somewhat what I've wanted to and not hardly gain anything...although that's coming to a quick halt! I'll be so glad when I can start exercising again! I have loved the fact that I haven't had to buy any maternity clothes til now, getting new baby clothes, blankets, and fixing up the baby's room, and I just love how John has gone through these changes and experiences with me! :)
8 more weeks.....

3 comments:

Carlson Clan said...

Good grief!! Just now getting maternity clothes!! I can't believe you don't believe people when they tell you how tiny you are! And you need to put up another belly picture. =) I hear ya about the pregnancy complaints. But trust me, it helps so that when you realize you have to push a baby out of your vajayjay you are willing to do it! I can hardly wait to see you next week. Good luck with the painting!

Just the 2 of Us! said...

Can't wait to meet him Tauns. I'm so excited for you two. Wish we were a little closer. Can't wait for our get to gether. Good luck. Love ya!

Ashley said...

Thanks for making me tear up when I read about the things you love about being pregnant and the things that you will miss. I too have loved being pregnant during the same time. Garrett's room looks so adorable. Hopefully he will think so too, so much that he will sleep in there for you ;)