John called me from his work and told me some sad news....today John sold his motor bike! He has been trying to sell it for awhile and it has been on KSL and Craig's List for about 5 months and a few weeks ago someone called John and told him that he is interested in the bike. John hadn't heard from him until today when the guy showed up at John's work and said that he was here for the bike. Next thing John knew he was holding a check in his hand, loaded up his bike for one last time, and watched his bike drive away!! Sad!
For some reason after John hung up the phone with me, I started tearing up! I LOVED THAT BIKE!! I know that there were some fun memories made with that bike! John used it a lot when he was working on the farm and sometimes when he had to go check pivots, I would hop of the bike and go with him for a ride. Last summer, John even showed me how to ride it for the first time. (That's a hilarious story in itself!) In the summer times, John would go up to the sand dunes with his brothers, nephews and brother-in-law and go riding until late at night and last year, John entered in some motorcross races at Noise Park. I enjoyed watching him ride and race but now those days are long gone.....but definately not forgotten.
I thought it would be appropriate to post some pictures of his bike a take a moment of silence for our old friend..... :)
Look how happy she made John!! :)


4 comments:
Ahh, the sacrifices of adulthood. No fun. It was so good to see you last night. I've missed you. You look so great, no matter what you think you look like!
I understand. Austin had to sell his bike when we got married. I used to ride around the farm with him too! Great memories!
a moment of silence definately! You kill me! Bye bike!
So, the good news is that there are other bikes out there and when the time is right, I bet John gets another one - maybe even bigger and better! What a funny post and you know for sure the hormones are kicking in when you cry over a bike. You know, it's not really the bike, just the wonderful memories that may have provoked those tears. Better get that baby's room finished - time is running out (but not fast enough for you and John, I'm sure).
Post a Comment