Sunday, February 21, 2010

37 weeks and a Funeral

Friday was my 37 week checkup. As usual the baby is healthy and growing big (and so am I). The scale in my bathroom definatley hasn't been my friend this past month. I think I've gained 1-2 pounds every week! It's depressing cause it'll just make it that much harder to get rid of the baby fat. Although this last month has been the only month that I've enjoyed being pregnant, I'm ready to be done! Every position is so uncomfortable and little Garrett has found his favorite spot to sit most of the day...my ribs!! John and I are counting down the days til we see this little guy!
My dr. checked me again and to my surprise I'm at a 2!! Yipee! 8 centimeters to go! Hopefully, I dialate one centimeter every time I go in for my checkup...I only have 2 visits left!! Looking at the picture below I still think I'm carrying high even though Dr. Hall says the baby is head down and in the right position for delivery!
Hoping (and wanting) to go into labor a few days early, I've been doing everything I can to induce labor. At 37 weeks? Is that ok? Who cares! I want this baby out of me! I've been walking on the tredmill for about 30 min a day and eating spicy foods, which back-fires cuz all I get from those foods is heartburn! Nothing has happened yet but I'm crossing my fingers!
Some days I have the feeling that the baby will come early and then other days I feel like he'll be late...he is a "Spaulding" afterall! (inside joke) Anyway, John and I can't wait to see his face and give him our hugs and kisses!



37 weeks pregnant!

**************************************************************************



In Memory Of Gary Marc Farwell

Saturday morning was Marc's funeral. It was a beautiful day. His viewing was at 11:00 am and so many people showed up. Some of Marc's "military family" staked American Flags around the church grounds. His funeral service was amazing. The pallbearers (all military soliders) wheeled in his casket. A couple of his brothers spoke of Marc's life as a young boy and his life with Tawnya and the kids-very touching. At the burial site, which was also lined with American Flags, the military arranged for a Black Hawk helicopter (that's what Marc flew) to do an honorary fly by. That was awesome. Soliders presented medals and flags to Tawnya and the kids and Marc's parents. That was bittersweet-his youngest daughter is 3 and the solider presenting the flag to Bella got choked up a little bit. After the cemetary, all 300 of us headed back to the church for a little lunch and heard more stories of what an amazing military man Marc was.
All things considering, I think Tawnya and her kids are doing ok. They will be staying with Bruce and Linda until Tawnya either finds a house or decides to build. She and a couple of family members will be flying back to Germany the first week of March to pack up Tawnya's things and officially move her back to the states. That's got to be so hard! Our prayers and thoughts are constantly with her!

6 comments:

James and Danielle said...

Taunya- you are so beautiful. I did the same thing...gained weight, every week. There was no stopping it!!! You really are a gorgeous pregnant woman. I hope you go early!
Sorry to hear about the loss in John and your 's family. Praying for them. Danielle

Caroline Craven said...

You know these last weeks of weight gain are the baby putting on weight don't you. Don't worry so much about those pounds, Garrett needs them to keep warm and happy!!! You look great. That was sad reading about Marc's funeral. What a hard time this is going to be for Tawnya and her family. Maybe little Garrett will be somewhat of a distraction for her.

Anonymous said...

Taunya how are you! you look great pregnant, when I was in beauty school our instructors told us sometimes getting a pedicure can start labor. I got one five days before my due date and he was born the next afternoon!

Shy said...

You're beautiful! Looking forward to seeing you this weekend! So sad to hear about Marc. His family is in our prayers! Love ya!

Blatter said...

A 2 already? WOW! You are so lucky! I was 39 weeks and not even a 1 so they induced me. You look great and don't feel bad about gaining weight. I was pregnant during Thanksgiving and gained 3-4 pounds during that week. Most depressing thing ever! Love the name!

Ashley said...

Just don't go into labor before your baby shower!

I bet the funeral was really neat.