Saturday, February 27, 2010

BAbY ShOwER!

Ok this is seriously the most I've posted (consecutively) since I started blogging but John and Adam are working away pulling up/laying carpet and honestly....I'm trapped in my kitchen until they are done so I thought I would post about my baby shower I had about 4 hours earlier today.....First of all-a huge thank you goes out to my sister Ashley, my mom and Tyree for putting this celebration together for me! It was awesome and I had a wonderful time!! Second-thanks to all friends and family who came and got to celebrate it with me! I really appreciated it, especially since I ended up moving my baby shower a week later than planned-so thanks to all for juggling your schedules as well. :)
We started out with an "Advice Game" Ashley had made taken some 3x6 cards and wrote down "G-A-R-R-E-T-T" on the side and everyone had to come up with some "new mom" advice that started with each letter of his name. Then, we played a Matching Game. We had to match something to do with or about being pregnant and try and match it with a candy bar name. For example, "11 pounder" would match up with the candy "Whopper" I thought that was such a fun game! Leave it up to Ashley to figure out something clever like that! :) It was really fun!
The "Advice Game"
Ashley reading off some new mom advice.....
The "Matching Game"
After games, we had some yummy food! Thanks mom, Ashley and Tyree for making the food! We had chicken salad sandwiches, blue punch, apple and banana slices with fruit dip, a veggie tray and dip, and Ashley had made a "Dirt Pie" dessert.
Ashley also made me a Diaper Cake! It is so cute and I'll use the diapers probably in the first day Garrett is home! :)
This is the "Dirt Pie" It is a chocolate cake mixed with gummy worms and topped with chocolate pudding. So good!


The yummy chicken salad sandwiches!


While everyone was eating, I started opening up presents! We got a lot of great stuff! Lots of new outfits, blankets (which I definately needed!), a few books, a bumbo seat, a swing and my sister-in-laws all went in on a stroller/carseat combo! I absolutely loved everything I got and it will all be used!! Thanks everyone!


I can NOT wait to dress him up in all of the clothes I got!!!


Lots of friends and family...







...along with lots of gifts!


Again, I'd just like to thank everyone for coming! I know there were some who had to travel far! Thanks mom and Ashley for throwing me a shower! And thanks Tyree for helping out with the food! It was a fun day and I hope everyone had a good time! It all of a sudden made everything seem so real! 2 weeks and he'll be here....We're getting anxious but secretly.....I'M SCARED!!!

3 comments:

Carlson Clan said...

It was SO fun Taunya! And a much needed get away for a little while for me. Now you are officially ready for Garrett to come! Right? ;) You look so great and I'm positive you'll lose all your baby weight in no time. Love you!

Caroline Craven said...

I love seeing the post and pictures. I'm sorry I missed the party, but with all the trips up to Idaho lately, I felt I should stay home for a few days. It looks like you had a great turn out.

Nicki Dunn said...

YAY for babies! Fun shower, sorry I missed it. He'll be arriving oh-so-soon won't he?! Don't be nervous, you'll be a spectacular Mommy! And I've heard it really doesn't hurt that much... haha. Epidural. Love you!