Monday, February 15, 2010

It's the Final Countdown!

Well, I never thought I would make it this far! I can't believe that I am 37 weeks this Friday!! Which means I hopefully only have about 3 weeks left until our baby boy will finally be here! We are anxiously waiting for his arrival and just can't wait to see what he will look like and be able to get our hands on him!
Last week's checkup (35 weeks) went great! They did thier usual routine with me-blood pressure, weight, tummy measurements....then they did a Strep B test. I won't go into detail about it but I had a 50/50 chance of having it and they would let me know at my next appt. Basically, if I do have it-at delivery they would put something in my IV that puts a coating around baby so he wouldn't get the virus...or whatever it is. I'm still not exactly sure I understand the whole Strep B thing but I wasn't too worried about having it. My dr. did however "check" me for the first time. A little awkward-but she did say that I was dialated to a ONE!! I got a little excited until my mom and sister told me that I will probably be and stay at a one for about 3 more weeks! DANG IT! Maybe a 2 next week?? We'll see.....
This week's checkup (36 weeks=9mo.) went just as well. To my disappointment, my dr. didin't check me! She said that she would check me at my 37 week appt. Ugh! Way to leave me in suspense for another week! I have a feeling I'm still at a one. But, I have noticed that I've dropped just a little bit because I'm finding it easier to breath again. My Strep B test came back negative-yay! :)
VALENTINE'S WEEKEND: Well, we didn't really have much of a Valentine celebration this year. John's neice was married on Feb. 12th in the Idaho Falls temple, her reception was that night and the Spauldings were on clean up duty...which took about 2 hours! John and I were invited to John's cousin's cabin up in Island Park for the weekend so we got up Saturday morning and headed that way. It was really fun and a much needed getaway. We just hung out, played games and watched movies. Very relaxing. We left Sunday afternoon around 4 pm and once we got home-we just relaxed some more....back to work tomorrow!
I can't wait to go to my dr's appt this week and see how much (or little) progress the baby is making. I hope these next three weeks will just fly by!!! See you soon baby boy! :)

5 comments:

Jake and Gretchen said...

I'm so excited for ya! Take lots and lots of pics because they change so stinkin fast. It will turn your world upside down for awhile but it is so worth it and you will be great!

Caroline Craven said...

I remember being at this point with Nicki. Every night I would go to bed and think maybe I would go to the hospital in the middle of the night and then every morning I would wake up and think maybe I would go to the hospital sometime during the day. This went on for over 5 weeks (I was two weeks overdue and begged the Dr. to start my labor, which he finally did) I don't know how long this would have gone on otherwise. Your Mom and Ashley are right, you can go for a long time at a one, two or even three. But hang in there, your dr. won't let you be pregnant forever!!!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

The anticipation is almost too much in the last month. So excited for you and to see the little guy. Glad you had a great weekend!

Ashley said...

I want a get-away to Island Park. Sounds like fun.

alisekelley said...

Wow three weeks! That is crazy! I am so excited for you guys!