Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day-A First For Me

Happy Mother's Day!!
This holiday is a first for me and I have to say that it was a wonderful day! John and Garrett got me some "Hailey" perfume from Aero (my favorite) and a card. It wasn't much, but I don't need lots and lots of gifts to feel loved or appreciated-I get that feeling everyday! :)
Here are some women who I look up to and love very much and mold my "mommy life" after.
First: Is my own mom. She has so much love for her own children and husband and also for her 3 grandkids. I love it when we go to visit her! Her eyes just seem to sparkle every time she holds Garrett. I thank her for showing the example of how to love and nurture. I just hope that I can be as wonderful of a mom as she has been to me. We've been through our tough times, Mom and I just thank you so much still loving me! You're a wonderful Mom and being a grandmother suits you! :) Thanks Mom for all you do! WE LOVE YOU!! You're my WonderWoman!

I love this picture-Mom is meeting Garrett for the first time. She told me one time that Garrett has stolen a peice of her heart from day one! :) Thinking of that always brings a smile to my face but I know that all of her grandkids have a special place in her heart.

Second: My beautiful sister Ashley. I love that we are only 22 months apart. It made for some fun times growing up! We shared bedrooms together, bathrooms, clothes (even if she didn't want to), and one pregnancy. She has so many gifts and talents. One talent that she has that I am grateful for is she knows how to cut/style hair. In high school, she always did my hair for dances and she even did my hair for my wedding. I wouldn't trust anyone else!
Another talent that she has that I wish I had was her gift for being crafty....at everything! Her house is always decorated so cute with a homemade touch. She makes blankets, bows for her girls, and she scrapbooks. WHAT A WOMAN!!


Ash, you're such an example to me. You're such a great sister and an even better mom. You learned from the best! Thanks for letting me come over for visits, the numberless haircuts, and the laughs throughout the years!


I love watching you teach, nurture and care for Hallie and Cooper. I love your little girls dearly and would claim them as my own if I had to. LOVE YOU!
Third: My Grandma, Shirley McAffee. She is such a pretty lady and a magnificant cook! I like to think that I got my cooking skills from her...somewhat. She has raised 10 kids of her own! No wonder she knows how to love!!
Recently, she got diagnosed with cancer and she is taking it like a pro! She has her good and bad days but she keeps a positive attitude and her hopes high. That's what I love about her-eveything around her is happy! :)

I'm glad that she got the chance to meet Garrett. Garrett is her 7th great-grandchild...I think. She is a fun grandma and I love her very much!

Fourth: My mother-in-law, Linda. She has been in my life for almost 2 years. She has welcomed me into the family with open, loving arms. She has done a great job raising 7 kids. She is also a wonderful cook! She always offers me recipes that I do try and sometimes fail at. She would do anything for anyone-even if she doesn't know you! :)

I love how that when we go and visit her, she goes nuts over Garrett. I think Garrett reminds her of her of her own baby....John! She always says just how cute Garrett is!

And last but not least...ME! I recently became a Mother myself. The sleepless nights, endless diaper changings, the hourly feedings....I have enjoyed every minute of it. It definately hasn't been easy but it's been worth it. Garrett has brought such joy into our lives. I know I've only been a mom for 2 months but I really do wonder what life was like without him. It is true what they say: The love doesn't get divided, it gets multiplied. (Or something like that). Being a mom is great! Time consuming, but great!! :)





Thanks Garrett for coming into my life and making my dreams come true of wanting to be a mom. I promise to always show you love and to always care for you! It's a great feeling to know that someone so small and precious needs me so much!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

6 comments:

Brett and Cherice said...

Taunya! What a great post! It made me a little teary:) Garrett is one lucky little guy to have you as a mom! Happy 1st Mothers Day! I am glad you had a good one:)

Ashley said...

Thanks for making me cry. I think you are a wonderful new mommy. Thanks for the great tribute to me, and to mom and grandma-the moms who have molded me too. Love you!

Ashley said...

You are the best, Mother's Day is so fun with little babies. They can't make you funky picture frames or anything just yet, but they don't have too. Just crying because they only want you if enough of a gift at this point, right? Babies are amazing, and so are their mothers! I'm glad you had a good day and got some things that will make you feel pretty! =) Those are the best presents.

Caroline Craven said...

Congrats on being a newbie to Mother's Day. That was a great post and was fun to read.

Carlson Clan said...

What a nice post Taunya! You are a great mom already and I can tell the influences you've had around you are paying off. I am glad you had a good first mother's day!

Julie Hill said...

Taunya, I am way glad you found my blog. I've added you on and I am excited to stay caught up with each other through blogs. Scott and I are way excited for you two becoming mom and dad!