May 20th is a day that I have been dreading for awhile. It was my birthday. I didn't dread the fact that it was my birthday-I dreaded the fact of turning.....25! NO!! Now, some may think that turning 25 isn't a big deal. Well, it is to me! I fee like my youth is gone and it's all downhill from here! 5 more years and I'll be 30!! Where did the years go??
It was an ok day. I didn't do much. It was just another typical day- I stayed home with Garrett while John went off to work. When John got home he showered me with gifts and then we took Garrett over Tausha's so just the two of us could go to dinner at Cafe Rio. Yum! Since I didn't get a cake with candles to blow out, after dinner John and I went to SubZero and got some ice cream-which was better than cake! :) Like always, I had a fun time with John! Thanks John for the clothes and thanks for making my birthday special! :)
Garrett got me this cute shirt from Aero,
and John got me a couple of tank tops and flip flops from Aero.
I thought that they were cute but unfortunately, they didn't fit so all gifts will be returned for bigger sizes!! Bigger sizes?? I guess I haven't been working out as hard as I thought! Although, my legs would beg to differ! GOL! On top of being 25 I don't even get to enjoy my presents!
This was my favorite present-A kiss from Garrett! That brightened my day up a little! I love this little outfit he's wearing. It's still too big for him but he's outgrown the "Newborn" stage (sad!) and the 3 month stuff doesn't fit him just right yet.
My Presents: A card, 2 pairs of flip flops, two tank tops and a shirt. I feel really bad that I am retuning them but if they don't fit...they don't fit!

I'm still kind of having a hard time admitting that I'm 25. I'm even a little embarassed to mention that after opening presents, I had a little bit of a meltdown!! I know John thinks that I am crazy for sure-he asked what the big deal was and just laughed! MEN!! THEY DON'T GET IT! I tried to explain the whole "women and their age" concept but it just didn't register with him. Ugh, Whatever!
Today is a better day....


9 comments:
You are funny! Happy birthday yesterday! I hear ya on the old thing. My next bday is #26-sometimes I want to gag.;) Glad you got spoiled by your boys though.
I thought of you yesterday when I was wishing Kelsie a happy birthday. Glad it was good for ya! Happy "late" birthday!
Happy Birthday! I feel ya about the age thing. Birthdays used to be fun and super exciting and so great to be a year older. What happened to those days?! Now I find that it's more fun to look forward to the boys birthdays! At least you have 2 boys to share your birthday with now and that you got to go to Cafe Rio and Sub Zero--some of our favorites!
I'm the worst friend ever! I totally spaced your birthday! I'm so sorry. =( I'm glad John helped make your day special. When you're a mom birthdays really aren't that great because there's no such thing as a day for you! At least you look GREAT for your age. That should cheer you up. Right? ;)
Happy Birthday! Taunya, seriously, 25 is young! Enjoy it! I'm pretty sure when we are 40 we are going to be wishing we were 25. So if we don't enjoy it now, then we never will! Just my 2 cents but I've made a pact with myself that I'm never going to stress about my age. I'm pretty immature sometimes anyway so the number doesn't really matter! (: Hope you had a fun day!
It was so fun seeing you at seminary graduation! Little Garrett is so cute and I'm glad I got a glimps of him in real life. I hope your birthday was fun. What's funny is I remember that your birthday is the same day as Mrs. Ojala's, our 8th grade teacher right??? I'm weird I know :)
Okay, 25 is nothing to complain about. I don't think it has as much to do with the age as it has to do with the place you are in right now. When I turned 25 I was still single and it didn't phase me at all. But after I had Nicki, all birthdays seemed kind of hard. Life in general just gets a bit harder when you're a mom. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world (not even to be younger again), but it just got much more serious to me after kids. To make you feel better, I will double your age on my next birthday and it came at me like a tornado. It seems like 25 shouldn't have been that long ago, but I can hardly remember life before marriage and kids. The point being, you are still young and even though the years have slipped by from my perspective, you've still got so much ahead of you. Live it, love it and enjoy it. Happy belated birthday to you. P.S. I love the picture of Garrett giving you a birthday kiss - those smooshed chubby cheeks are to die for (his, not yours - you don't have any).
Okay, 25 is nothing to complain about. I don't think it has as much to do with the age as it has to do with the place you are in right now. When I turned 25 I was still single and it didn't phase me at all. But after I had Nicki, all birthdays seemed kind of hard. Life in general just gets a bit harder when you're a mom. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world (not even to be younger again), but it just got much more serious to me after kids. To make you feel better, I will double your age on my next birthday and it came at me like a tornado. It seems like 25 shouldn't have been that long ago, but I can hardly remember life before marriage and kids. The point being, you are still young and even though the years have slipped by from my perspective, you've still got so much ahead of you. Live it, love it and enjoy it. Happy belated birthday to you. P.S. I love the picture of Garrett giving you a birthday kiss - those smooshed chubby cheeks are to die for (his, not yours - you don't have any).
I felt the same way about turning 25. I'm totally with ya!
Post a Comment