Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ten Toes To Tickle

Today my mom and I took Garrett to do some reflexology (aka "Foot Zoning"). The reason being is because he hasn't been sleeping very good and he has had tummy troubles ever since he's been born. Just a lot of gas and I feel like I've switched his formula a thousand times trying to figure out which one will be easiest for him to digest. Fyi: Formula Found!
Anyway-we get there and she's zoning his feet--which are very ticklish btw!! It was funny just watching him squirm--and she proceeds to tell me that some of his major organs like his intestines and some of his spinal nerves/chords? weren't functioning properly, if at all!! And that's why his tummy has been hurting him. By zoning him, she got everything stimulated and working like they should have been in the first place.
(P.S. This is not Garrett!)
Another reason why we took him is because when I was in labor, he was wedged and pushing on my cervix trying to get out (the reason for the C-section) which put a lot of strain and pressure on his poor little neck; which means that his back has been out for 4 months! She adjusted his back and neck and I'm hoping that will help him sleep better.
I'm pretty open minded when it comes to alternative medicines or whatever but she told me to look for "out of the norm" things Garrett does and within the next two weeks if there hasn't been any changes (in his bowel movements mostly) then I'll take him back and she'll zone him again. All I want is for my baby to be healthy, happy, and develop like a normal baby should. I hope this works!

6 comments:

Nicki Dunn said...

poor little guy! hope this works for him. did kim zone him? i think she's great. good for you for trying different avenues. love you.

the Petterson Family said...

I hope it works well for him. Please let us know how thinks go. I have been thinking about some alternative medicine for Hannah's awful acid reflux...still bothering her at 8 1/2 months! I just can't stand having her on such harsh medicine! I have heard it is very expensive though and sometimes insurance won't pay for it.

Caroline Craven said...

I so would have zoned him if I thought you were interested. I hesitate to push it on family just b/c I don't want to put any one in an awkward position. I am assuming either Kim or Christa zoned him and I think they are both amazing (and far more experienced with babies/anyone than I am). If this doesn't work the first time, stay with it. He may need two or three times to get it worked out, plus it will help with a bunch of other issues associated with C-sections too. Glad to hear you did this and I hope you both get the relief you are looking for.

Ashley said...

I'm glad you were able to do this for him. Hopefully this is the answer you have been searching for. He is a little sweetie.

Brett and Cherice said...

Hey that sounds pretty cool! I should have done something like that for Logan:) I hope it helps little Garrett:)

Peterson Family said...

I love zoning! It has helped my whole family in so many different ways. I'm glad that you are open to alternative medicine even though it can get a little spendy!! I really hope it helps him feel better--it's just no fun having a fussy baby!