Earlier today I asked John if he would go with me to WinCo and get groceries since it takes me forever, especially with Garrett, and I hate going by myself! He agreed to go with me and so when he got home I also asked him to write down at least 10 dinner ideas since he is the most pickiest eater I have ever known!! So being the goof-ball that he is, he made up a poem that made me laugh I just had to share it.
At Least 10 Dinners! By John Spaulding:
"Once upon a time John came home from a long day at work and had to sit down and make a list of what dinners he would like to have for dinner when he comes home. This is what he wrote on that day. By his side while he was relaying the thoughts that were flowing from his mind, was his faithful with who is always helping him release his thoughts. Since I am and have been and always will be a most pecularly nit-picky eater, it is my royal duty to examine my thoughts and plot them on paper where as the mighty squaw woulds't fetch the preparations for dinner."
Okay so he's not the best at rhyming but he makes me laugh! And now just re-reading it-the poem was funnier earlier this afternoon. Reading on, he actually did make a list of dinners-half of them being baked potatoes! Shocker.


7 comments:
that's really clever! Why can't men ever take us seriously?! haha
That is really funny.
LOVE IT! Especially because I am 100% in the same boat as you. Mark wants meat and potatoes every day! That's so funny. Good luck with your meal planning! =/
Oh my heck that must happen in every couple's life! No joke, just the other day I asked Andrew to do the same exact thing. His answers weren't in the form of a poem, but they might as well have been because I got no where :)That's funny. I'm glad I'm not the only wife that goes through that.
HAHAHA!! Too funny! I have the same problem, but Brett is not as creative as John when it comes to making a list! HA!
LMBO! --haha just learned what that means today, now I get to use it! That is so funny! You have to KEEP THAT FOREVER!!
hahahaha my uncle is a goober! but a funny one! ;) haha aw that cracks me up!
That is cute. Thank heavens these guys have a sense of humor. You must keep the note. One day a few years ago, Kent stayed home from church with one of the kids who wasn't feeling well. I asked him, I guess in a rather stern tone, if he would please remember to put the roast in the oven, turn it to the correct temperature and scrub the potatoes (another potato guy, it must be THE universal food). When I got home I found a funny little note in obvious report form that went something like this:
Roast in oven - 10:15 a.m. Check.
Oven at correct temperature - 350 degrees. Check.
Potatoes properly and thoroughly scrubbed. Check.
Tasks accomplished! Check.
It made me both laugh and wonder if I had scolded him.
Post a Comment