Friday, August 13, 2010

A Glimpse Into My Future...

Before I begin, I posted a lot of pictures so I apologize in advance at those reading this.
Wednesday was a sad day to say the very least. This was the day that we took Alex to the MTC! The journey actually started Tuesday night at 6:15 p.m. when he got set apart as an Elder. After that, the whole family drove down to Salt Lake City and stayed the night with my Grandma Dal.
Alex had to be at the MTC at 1:00 that afternoon. We left SLC around 11 so we could take some family pictures before he actually left.....Since all of us couldn't go to the training center and say our goodbyes there (sorry, but I think that is the stupidest rule ever!) we walked up the pathway to the Provo Temple and took pictures there.....













Elder Hill and Hallie

Elder Hill and Cooper




He looks so grown up!


One last family picture

I was doing fine until I saw this....



Then I lost it! Obviously!
(Just looking at this picture makes me tear up)
I remember taking Robert to the MTC but I don't remember it being this hard!! Probably because Alex is the baby of the family and also because I think he and I had a special bond-before I was married and Robert was on his mission, it was just me and Alex at home! Somedays (and nights) we would just hang out together and play Guitar Hero or something! Man, I'm gonna miss him!
Ashley and Alex
Nick and Alex

It's hard to imagine that these two little babies will be 2 when he comes home!






And he's off!! We love you Elder Hill and we'll miss you so much! Before I know it, I'll be sending Garrett off on his mission!
After we said our goodbyes and dropped him off, the rest of us went and had some lunch, then headed back home. It was a sad, long drive back home but we're all glad Alex chose this decision and I know all of us are counting down the days til we can talk to him on Christmas!!

8 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

Those are some great pictures of your family. I can't believe that they don't let everyone into the MTC anymore. How hard.

Brett and Cherice said...

Great pictures Taunya! I love the one where Garrett is smiling:) The one with you crying made me tear up:) Alex is going to the best Mission! He will have a great time!

Valerie and Garrett said...

So I seriously got all choked up and teary eyed with this post! I remember when my brother Mike went on his mission...those feelings are so weird on the day they enter the MTC. You just pray that the next two years FLY BY! And usually it does! My parents said his farewell talk was great! Still can't believe he's old enough to go on a mission! :)

Anonymous said...

Makes me tear up reading this! :)

Carlson Clan said...

I didn't know he left already! I would've asked you about it at dinner tonight. Sad pictures but also in a happy way! I hope these two years go fast for him/your family! Thanks again for tonight. You gals are the best friend a girl could ask for!

Ashley said...

It was a very emotional day, yes. I'm ok now.

Caroline Craven said...

The good news is that you have a FEW years before you have to do this again with Garrett!!! Alex will be a great missionary and the time will both fly by and drag on! Just the nature of missions and those waiting for missionaries.

Peterson Family said...

You guys took a ton of good pictures! Good for you guys! It is hard sending missionaries out! I can't imagine what it's going to be like sending my own sons! Before you know it, Alex will be home and life will go on--we just experienced that with Jason's brother. He left when Kyden was 2 months old just like you guys babies! Now it kind of seems like Jesse never even left--although I can tell he's grown up a bit!