Monday, August 2, 2010

McAffee Family Reunion

July 31st was our annual McAffee Family Reunion. This year my mom was in charge of getting everything together and she decided that we would all go to the Mackay Reservoir and go boating for the day. John, my brothers, and my dad went up the day before to do some fishing and get some extra boating time in before the rest of the family showed up the next day. They had a lot of fun!!
Saturday, July 31st: Let the boating begin!! NOT!! The weather was HORRIBLE!!! It was soooo windy!! It was blowing the camp chairs over and a few of us lost our plates full of food because of the annoying wind! After about an hour of wind some of us packed up and left to go back to grandma and grandpa's house but the rest of us decided to conquer the windstorm and go do some boating/tubing anyway....I didn't do a very good job of taking pictures of the reunion. Mainly because I was either taking care of Garrett, eating :), or just trying to make my hair stay out of my face!!!

My mom, U. Gene, A. Lanell, Gma and Gpa BBQing our lunch
Some of my cousins
Grandma and Grandpa trying to relax in the wind!
Another snapshot of some more family...
This is where we were for most of the day....
And this is where Garrett was most of the day..

I felt really bad! After we had got home late that night, I noticed that Garrett's face was beat red! He got sunburned! :( Poor little guy! I didn't even think about putting sunscreen on or even a hat! Didn't even think to bring a jacket for him either!! Such a good mom, I know....
Like always, we all had a lot of fun together! Can't wait til we get together next year! :)

2 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

thanks for the pictures. Try putting some witch hazel on a cosmetic pad and rubbing it on his face. It is cooling to the sunburn and will help heal the skin. It doesn't sting or smell.

Kimber Bowen said...

How fun that you had a family reunion! Sorry about that Idaho wind, that really stinks. Garrett is getting big and so cute. Don't you hate how fast they are growing up.