Today you are 1! I can't even believe how fast your first year went by! It seems like only yesterday that we brought you home. There are so many, many things that I want to tell you on your birthday, but I'll just tell you the story of "You".
I found out I was pregnant with you July 2009. I was so excited! I wanted to scream, cry, laugh. I also wanted to tell your daddy in a cute way but I was just too excited that I ended up calling him at work and telling him that he was going to be a Daddy! He was just as excited as I was! I went to the Dr. and he said that my due date would be March 12th, 2010! It seemed like such a long wait! We told the family when I was 8 weeks pregnant! Needless to say that they were excited, too!
October had finally come and we were anxious to find out whether you were a boy or a girl. Daddy was praying and hoping that you were a boy and I didn't care either way. But, I sort of had a feeling that you were a boy! Sure enough, I was right!! A Boy! We were more than thrilled and after the appointment, we went and bought you your first outfit to make it official!
Thanksgiving and Christmas came and went and before we knew it, March was here! However, you didn't come on the 12th as planned! I ended up going to the Dr. and he told me that we would schedule an inducement date for the 14th! I cried and was so upset. I wanted you here today! But, I figured we waited for 9 months, what's another 2 days? For the next two days I was feeling anxious and nervous about labor and delivery...I didn't get much sleep.
It was a Sunday morning. A very early Sunday morning. We had to be at the hospital at 5:30am! I had butterflies in my stomach the entire ride there. Hours and hours (16 hours to be exact) passed when my nurse came in and told me that we had to do an emergency C-section. More tears, more butterflies. I wasn't prepared for one and I was scared. They kept telling me that you were too big to fit through me!
March 14th, 2010 9:30p.m. I'll never forget the first time I saw you! So many emotions went through me and all I could do was cry. I was so happy to see you and so happy to know that you arrived here safely. Daddy got to watch you being born and he even shed a few tears, too! You had a lot of family come to visit you and 3 days later, we got to take you home. It was so good to be home.
And then, I blinked. It's been a year full of firsts for you and for us. The first time you smiled, our hearts melted and the first time you laughed will be a memory we'll always remember. You are such a good baby. You are always happy and you have so much energy! Your personality is starting to come through and we think that you are just hilarious! You do some of the funniest things. We've had our share of hard days and long sleepless nights, but we are so thankful and so blessed that you are in our lives and that you chose us to be your parents. You're so special and so sweet!
Garrett, we love you so much! Happy 1st Birthday, Little Man!
Lots of Hugs and Kisses,
Love Mommy and Daddy
I found out I was pregnant with you July 2009. I was so excited! I wanted to scream, cry, laugh. I also wanted to tell your daddy in a cute way but I was just too excited that I ended up calling him at work and telling him that he was going to be a Daddy! He was just as excited as I was! I went to the Dr. and he said that my due date would be March 12th, 2010! It seemed like such a long wait! We told the family when I was 8 weeks pregnant! Needless to say that they were excited, too!
October had finally come and we were anxious to find out whether you were a boy or a girl. Daddy was praying and hoping that you were a boy and I didn't care either way. But, I sort of had a feeling that you were a boy! Sure enough, I was right!! A Boy! We were more than thrilled and after the appointment, we went and bought you your first outfit to make it official!
Thanksgiving and Christmas came and went and before we knew it, March was here! However, you didn't come on the 12th as planned! I ended up going to the Dr. and he told me that we would schedule an inducement date for the 14th! I cried and was so upset. I wanted you here today! But, I figured we waited for 9 months, what's another 2 days? For the next two days I was feeling anxious and nervous about labor and delivery...I didn't get much sleep.
It was a Sunday morning. A very early Sunday morning. We had to be at the hospital at 5:30am! I had butterflies in my stomach the entire ride there. Hours and hours (16 hours to be exact) passed when my nurse came in and told me that we had to do an emergency C-section. More tears, more butterflies. I wasn't prepared for one and I was scared. They kept telling me that you were too big to fit through me!
March 14th, 2010 9:30p.m. I'll never forget the first time I saw you! So many emotions went through me and all I could do was cry. I was so happy to see you and so happy to know that you arrived here safely. Daddy got to watch you being born and he even shed a few tears, too! You had a lot of family come to visit you and 3 days later, we got to take you home. It was so good to be home.
And then, I blinked. It's been a year full of firsts for you and for us. The first time you smiled, our hearts melted and the first time you laughed will be a memory we'll always remember. You are such a good baby. You are always happy and you have so much energy! Your personality is starting to come through and we think that you are just hilarious! You do some of the funniest things. We've had our share of hard days and long sleepless nights, but we are so thankful and so blessed that you are in our lives and that you chose us to be your parents. You're so special and so sweet!
Garrett, we love you so much! Happy 1st Birthday, Little Man!
Lots of Hugs and Kisses,
Love Mommy and Daddy


6 comments:
That was really sweet. It made me cry. We are glad he is a part of our family.
I can't believe he is one. He is such a cute boy and you are such a cute mamma.
Wow! He is now one. I remember your post about having to be induced and just wanting him here. Happy birthday Garrett!
What a sweet letter! Clay and I keep meaning to write Zane a letter to give to him on his 18th birthday but we keep forgetting. I should get on that. What a wonderful mother you are!
Great post! Made me cry:) You are such a good Momma:)
What a great post. I loved it.
Post a Comment