Monday, March 7, 2011

Rigby: Temporary Home, 24/7 Mom

This last week was crazy busy!! My sister-in-law Tawnya went to Kansas to see her fiancee and she asked John and I if we would stay at her house in Rigby and watch her 3 kids and their 3 (yes I said 3) indoor cats for the week while she was gone. I was a little hesitant just because Garrett was coming down with a cold and plus, I think he's allergic to her cats! Perfect!!
We went over there Saturday night and John took Tawnya to the airport early Sunday morning. John stayed home with all 4 kids while I went to church and taught my Primary class. Later that night, we took them over to Bruce and Linda's for cake and ice cream then back home for baths and bedtime. First night was a success!
Monday the kids didn't have school, so we all just sat around in our pj's and did nothing all day! Tuesday morning we had to get the kids up and ready for school, have them catch the bus, take the 5 year old to preschool, come back home for a few hours, pick her up from preschool, wait for the other two to get home from school, do chores/homework., take Ethan to Scouts, take Bella to Idaho Falls for Gymnastics (all had to be at destinations within the hour)! By the time everybody's activities were done, it was 5:00 and I still didn't have dinner ready! John had Scouts this night as well, so I hurried home, made a quick meal and as soon as he walked through the door, he was walking right back out! I had to do bed and bath time by myself?? Help...
Got the kids to bed reasonably well...doing all of this with a one year old (Garrett) clinging to my legs!!
Wednesday was another laid back day. None of them had anywhere to go! Thursday was another crazy busy day! After picking up Bella from preschool, I took her to her Dance class. 45 min later, I picked her up and she went and played with her cousin for the rest of the afternoon! :) That saved me! After Ashlyn got home from school, I took her to her Dance class, came home and made dinner, picked her up, and came back home for the bedtime routine. This time, I had John's help with Garrett.
The rest of the next 3 days were pretty much the same. We watched a movie Friday night, did chores Saturday morning, and then Sunday we went to Bruce and Linda's again for dinner and around 6:00 Tawnya was home!! The kids were so excited to see her! Oh, wait-that was me! Jk!
It was such a crazy, busy, long week! We had fun with them and we were happy to watch them for Tawnya. It's so nice to be home sleeping in my own bed, though! :)

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I have just one word for the supergirl: stressful!

{at least that is how it would be for me :)}

Caroline Craven said...

There's a little taste of what's in store!!! Somehow it is much easier when it's your own kids and you adapt to their schedules one at a time. Good for you and John for helping out Tawnya. I bet she really appreciated your help.

Kimber Bowen said...

Wow! That is amazing. Go you! I don't know how you did it.

Carlson Clan said...

You are so nice to do that for her! SO nice! I'm glad you survived. Being away from home definitely does make you appreciate your own bed! =)

Nicki Dunn said...

You are a very nice sister-in-law. I don't know if I could agree to that! And for real, are you ready to have FOUR kids under foot one day? I can't even imagine how crazy that will be. Good thing they'll all be cuties like Garret.