Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mouse in the House!!

Funny Story:

Tuesday morning I wake up and get ready for work like usual. As I stumble across the kitchen floor half awake to our bathroom, I step on what I think is a dirt clod from John's work boots. Not thinking it could possibly be anything else, I go about my morning and get ready for work.
For breakfast, I go to the refridgerator and grab a yogurt, walk about 3 feet to get a spoon, and the second I turn around.....there it is! With it's beady little eyes staring at me! EWW!!! I was on the table sooo fast! And screaming! Keep in mind that John is still sound asleep......
John flys out of bed, eyes half open, barely awake and gives a "what the?" look as I'm still standing on the table! He has the nerve to ask me, "what are you doing?!" All I could say is, "MOUSE!!!" By this time the mouse and run underneath the stove nowhere to be found.
I go to work dreading the hour that I have to come home and face the mouse alone. Like that's gonna happen! I went to my mom's until John got off work!
About 9:30 p.m. John gets home and sets some traps. An hour later, he jumps in the shower and gets ready for bed. In the meantime, I'm watching t.v. waiting for John, minding my own business, when I see out of the corner of my eye a small gray creature run across our living room floor behind our t.v.!!! I FREAKED OUT!!!
With the little courage that I had I ran into the bathroom where John is still taking his shower, jump up on the toilet and start screaming! John opens the curtain, soap in his hair and on his face and blurts out "what now!!?" I tell (actually scream) at him where I saw the mouse so John jumps out of the shower, butt naked puts on his tennis shoes??? grabs a broom (of all things!) and starts the hunt!
I run back into the living room, jump on our couch and watch my naked husband in his tennis shoes, broom in hand trying to catch this little beast! All of a sudden, the mouse scampers across the room into our bedroom!! NO!!! I FREAK OUT AGAIN!! wouldn't you?!?
An eternity passes, and the mouse finally runs back out into the living room underneath the couch that I am standing on! I leap across the furniture onto our ottoman and John (STILL NAKED!!) moves the couch to try and catch the mouse! No such luck!
Finally at around 11:00 p.m., somehow the mouse gets himself caught in a plastic bag we had on the floor by our t.v. I hand John a pair of pliers by request. John grabs the mouse in his pliers and gives the pliers a good squeeze! GROSS!!! Me, still standing on the couch, am crying/laughing at this point. Crying because I'm scared and laughing because I finally realize how ridiculous my husband looked trying to catch this thing!
After all our furniture is back where is was, John gives a sigh and says, "well, I think I'll go get dressed now." I bust up! Such an eventful night that I hope never happens again!
I hope you all got a good laugh....at John's expense! This was too funny that I had to share it!
By the way, the "dirt-clod" that I stepped on....I'm pretty sure it was the mouse!!!

5 comments:

Jesse and Jessica said...

TAUNYA that is so hilarious...I can just see you up on top of your couch...I hated seeing mice when i worked in the cellar during the harvest....I would totally freak if I seen one in my house...I'm glad its taken care of.

Ashley said...

HILARIOUS!!! But I can't get the image of nakey John running around your house in tennis shoes out of my mind! At least you guys caught the dumb thing. I don't think I could sleep at night knowing there was a mouse somewhere running around the house.

bridgetrussell said...

ok, that is just plain funny... oh yeah.. tag you're it! Check out my blog to see what I mean:)

Carlson Clan said...

So funny!!! That is a story to save for the grandkids for sure!

Crystal Taylor said...

Ok I have only met John for 5 mintues and now I can only picture him butt naked in tennis shoes. THANK ALOT!!! j/k I'm glad you got rid of THING!!!!