Sunday, March 1, 2009

One Year Ago...

John and I got engaged!! That was such an amazing night for me...and I guess for him, too! He had been gone all day "working" (as far as I knew it). But, he had been working on spelling the words "Marry Me?" on Scott and Tausha's roof with Christmas lights. I thought that was very clever! Later that night, he came and picked me up and he was acting really quiet, which is not him at all- and we went over to Searle's house for a "visit". Tausha had asked John if he would go to the mailbox and get the mail so of course I went with him. He opens the mailbox and tells me that there's nothing in it. So, I look in the box and there was nothing in it--I turn around and notice that John is down on his knee and proposed! It totally took me by surprise! I cried and screamed and screamed some more! I was so excited!!! We went over to my parents house to announce the good news and then we went to his parents house and the rest of the night we (well...more like I) was on the phone with family and friends giving them the good news!!!
These are some of the pics we took of that night....

You can't really see the words but they spell
out "Marry Me?"


I think I was still in shock over what just happened!


I love you, John!!!

4 comments:

Carlson Clan said...

Those are the sweetest pictures ever. I still remember when Mark proposed like it was yesterday. You'll never forget it!

Ashley said...

Was it really 1 year ago? Wow! Cute post!

Jesse and Jessica said...

WHAT? a year ago? that was fast! Cute pictures!

the Petterson Family said...

You two are so cute. That's awesome you took pics!