Really? I really only have about 3 more months to go? It doesn't seem like it! Today, I had another checkup. It went great...with a few unexpected...twists, i guess you could say. With my first initial appointment my iron level was at a 14.3, which is good. This time when they poked my finger, my iron level was at a 10. Which is still ok but Dr. Hall said he'd like to keep me at an 11 or higher level if I could. This didn't really surprise me due to the fact that I have always had low iron-even before I was pregnant.
In the exam room, the nurse did her usual routine with me: checked the baby's heartbeat (which is beating normally!) and measured my stomach. Now, just to keep everyone up to date-I am 24 weeks along, 6 months, however you want to look at it-well, she was measuring me at about 26-27 weeks! Hm? What? So does this mean I'm going to be having the baby early? Or does it mean that I'm going to be pushing out a 15 pounder?! I'm a little nervous to say the least. Besides the unexpected's, my appointment went great and our baby boy is big and healthy! :)
Here's a little update on the house: I have to give John some praise-he puts in a hard day's work (like we all do), takes care of the pile of bills that doesn't seem to get any smaller, and still takes the time to work on the house. And by work on the house, I mean paint. He has somewhat finished painting the basement (aside from a few minor touch ups) and it looks so much better! I feel really really bad that I haven't been helping him paint-the fumes are just sooo overwhelming that even a mask doesn't help. I get a headache every time I go downstairs to do
a load of laundry! I can't seem to get the paint smell out!
A big, big thanks to my dad as well. For as hard as he works at the Post Office and all of the other drywall jobs that he's doing on the side after he's done at the Post Office, he selflessly has come over to redo the drywall in our living room! It looks tons better than what it did. I love the texture my dad put on the walls and I can't wait to see what it'll look like after it's painted and pictures are hung. (Yes, there are still no pictures on my walls and it's driving me crazy!)
Sorry for the non-picture post again...I promise I'll post some of the house and also if you're requesting more pregnant pictures-I guess I'll post those as well! :)


5 comments:
Yes! I do want to see pregnant pictures. Even though I'm seeing you tomorrow. =) I'm glad the house is coming along and baby boy too! How nice of John and your dad to work so hard for you. And you definitely SHOULD stay away from the paint fumes!
I want house and prego pics too Taunya!!! Great job John and dad! I am glad all is well with your little peanut!
I can't wait to see pictures! Glad all is well!
Isn't it fun to be getting things done around the house? It's amazing the difference a coat of paint can make. I can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving. Maybe there will be time for a little house tour!!!
That sucks you are measuring big...I hate to say it but your may just be having a big baby. However, you are staying tiny as ever! Good luck and I'm glad everything looks good.
Post a Comment