Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving with the Spauldings

This year for Thanksgiving we spent it with John's family up in Rigby at his parents new home. I love this time of year! Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday! I love getting together with family and enjoying everybody's company. Dinner was scheduled to be at 2 which in the Spaulding Family means it was actually at 4! (Yes, they are one of those families and yes it drives me crazy that they are NEVER on time for ANYTHING!!!) I like to consider myself a very punctual person..I will even arrive somewhere 10 min. earlier just to be on the safe side...Anyways....Last year I made a pumpkin ice cream pie so this year I decided I would try my cooking skills at a Sweet Potato Casserole and a Strawberry Pretzel Layer Salad for a dessert. To my surprise, they both turned out um, ok I guess. I kinda screwed up the strawberry salad and I kinda burned the sweet potato casserole, but people didn't seem to notice. They ate it anyways-probably just to be nice!

Here I am in the kitchen pretending to know what I'm doing...


I think I ate my body weight in food this year-and you can totally tell!


John is the pickiest eater ever!! I have the hardest time figuring out what to cook him for dinner because I'm afraid he won't like it and it'll go to waste. He doesn't eat vegetables other than corn and of course potatoes, he doesn't like any of the condiments i.e. ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, gravy, ect, ect....he doesn't like sandwiches-what?! You can see my predicament here. So I MADE him try my casserole! It was like pulling teeth! He didn't even take a whole spoonful-what a baby! After coaxing him, he finally ate some and wouldn't ya know it? HE ACTUALLY LIKED IT!!! I almost fell over backwards! See? If he would just try things!

Here is the Strawberry Salad. It was really good!!




Some picutres of the family: Shanley, Bruce, and Sydney. Sydney just barely got engaged and is getting married Feb. 12th! Congrats Syd!


My neices: Jordyn and Hayden


Adam, Tyree and Sarah helping out with dinner.

We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Thanks everyone for a fun time! The countdown is on for Christmas!! :)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

For some reason I thought you were with mom this year. You look so pretty in those pictures. Your sweet potato casserole looks yum and so does your strawberry salad. Do you have any leftover?! Ha! I am still so full!

Brett and Cherice said...

Great job on the casserole and dessert, they looked yummy! You look so great in those pictures! I am glad you had a great Thanksgiving:)

Caroline Craven said...

First of all, I love that you put your wedding pics up. Love them! Secondly, reading about John's lack of enthusiasm to try new food was funny. Reminds me of the Mikey commercials on TV. Remember "Hey Mikey, he likes it!" It was fun seeing you guys and Ashley and Nick at dinner Friday night. You are both so cute - love the bumps!

alisekelley said...

Tauyna you look so pretty. You have that pregnancy glow about you.