Monday, April 26, 2010

My 6 week checkup

It's been six weeks since my C-section. Recovery hasn't been that bad at all. Of course, the first couple of weeks I was sore but after that I felt and still feel great! Dr. Hall checked me over and gave me the go ahead to workout, lift more than 10lbs. (which I've already been doing...oops), and basically do things that I've done pre-pregnancy-just to take it easier than normal. He said that my incision will be skin color within 6-12 more months. Right now it's red. He also mentioned that the numbness that I'm still feeling will come back within 3-6 more months. So, slowly I'm getting my body back to normal...the insides anyway! The outside needs help! I am bound and determined to tighten up my stretched out mid-section! :)
LET THE WORKOUT BEGIN.....

5 comments:

Nicki Dunn said...

you go girl!

Ashley said...

Oh, Taunya, you look great!

Caroline Craven said...

Taunya, you look so good. Please don't overdo it on the workouts in an effort to get that tummy tightened. It was fun seeing the babies again. Garrett has changed and I think Cooper has too, but it is hard to know as she slept the whole time (lucky Ashley). Garrett just seemed like he was happy to be doing whatever - good baby.

Jesse and Jessica said...

Taunya...hey..sorry I didn't answer yer text the other day..im not trying to ignore you...I was just busy! I am so glad to hear that recovery has been going well for you, but what are you talking about girl YOU LOOK GREAT!!!! Jesse has not gotten any job offers (at least not anything far away) so I think we will be here for at least a year or so! I miss you like crazy at work!!!! you don't even know!!! I'm glad to hear everything is going well! TTYL Best wishes. Love, Jess

Blatter said...

Glad things are healing up ok! Enjoy your baby because it seems like Graham grew up SUPER fast!