Last night was the McAffee Family Christmas Party. I love getting together with family! This year it was at my Grandpa's house out in Darlington, Id. This was also the first Christmas holiday without my dear Grandma. Her birthday is on the 12th, and before she passed away, she and my Grandpa would put up all of their Christmas decorations and the tree on her birthday. So that's what we did!! :) My Grandpa isn't one for words (or emotion for that matter) but I do hope he enjoyed what we did! Of course, there was food involved! And, yummy food I might add! :) We visited and ate, and ate, and ate, and then one by one we all went home! What a fun night.
Hallie "reading" to her Uncle Robert:
Hallie "reading" to her Uncle Robert:
My A. Lanell and Garrett:
A. Caroline and Garrett: She was keeping him occupied for quite sometime with a roll in her hands....
(He looks a little frustrated in this picture! Let me explain-He does this growling thing where he tenses up his ENTIRE body, clenches his fists, pushes out his lower jaw and roars! It's so funny!)
..as you can see, he's trying to figure out where the roll goes after it's been in his hands...
...I didn't get a picture of it, but he did finally figure it out! :)
I guess the saying is right "A way to a man's heart is through his stomach!...even if you are only 9 months old! :) I love my Chunky Monkey!
*************************************************************************
WORK IN PROGRESS:
In the post about my stockings, I mentioned that I was making a stocking holder. It's not quite finished yet, but I thought I'd share some pictures of my (and Ashley's and mom's) hard work!
Painted, but no details...
They are much cuter with their eyes painted on...
(Sorry about the upside-down picture)
...and FINITO!! :) They will all be nailed to a pole that looks like "The North Pole" and my stockings will hang off of the antlers!! I can't wait til it's all done! :) It took me (us) about 2 days to paint all of them.
Thanks mom and Ashley for all your help! They turned out so cute! :)


4 comments:
I love your stocking holder idea. I can't wait till it is all finsihed. So cute.
What a fun party. And ADORABLE stocking holders!! Love that idea. You are so domesticated these days! =) I'm thinking of a girls night at my house this week. Maybe Tuesday? I'll get in touch with ya!
Cute stockings and holders. Garrett is a cute little chub!
Wish I could have been to the party. I miss family so much around the holidays and all the good food to be had at the McAffee gatherings. Cute stockings and holder by the way :)
Post a Comment