Saturday, December 4, 2010

Look What I Did!!

A couple of nights ago, I went to my mother-in-laws house and made some Christmas Stockings for my family! I know what you're thinking-"Taunya? Sew?" But, believe it! I actually did it! :) From Linda's perspective it was probably a very entertaining night! We started at 6:30pm and didn't get done til around 11:00pm! Yes, it took me that long!

Cutting out the pattern: Intense Work....


Not the first time on a sewing machine but I still didn't know what the crap I was doing!


This was, however, my first time using a surger! I was SO nervous! That thing went so fast! My hands were literally shaking! I think I would have made my grandma proud! :)


Ironing on some patches Linda and I made for the Stockings...


One of MANY frustrations throughout the night...


Sewing on some stitches...


...and one of MANY un-picking from sewing the pieces on backwards...


...but, in the end.....


...I think they turned out pretty darn cute!!! :)

John's Stocking, My Stocking, and Garrett's Stocking

*I was quite pleased and very proud of myself! A HUGE thank you to Linda for teaching/showing me how to make them! I feel I should mention that she should take most of the credit how they turned out...She helped me A LOT! :)
I'm also in the process of making a Christmas Stocking Holder! For some reason, I guess the craft bug bit me this year! :)

9 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

I love them. So cute! I can't wait to see your stocking holder. Mine is still a work in process!

Nick, Kelsey, Makoy, & Spud said...

SO CUTE!! I'm so proud of you! They seriously look awesome! Now I just need a lesson from the pro! (The pro is you, by the way!)

Peterson Family said...

They are so cute! Love them! I wish the craft bug would hit me--we haven't ever had stockings but the boys keep asking if we have any and if we are going to get some. I've always just been too cheap! Glad yours turned out!

Valerie and Garrett said...

Very good!! We need new stockings in a bad way...you may have just given me some motivation to make some. They turned out great!
PS. we missed you guys at Kelsie's shower. Thought you were coming? Was surprised when you never did:( Hope everything is ok.

Carlson Clan said...

LOVE them! Look at you Martha! It's definitely rewarding to do crafts and see your own handy work. =)

Caroline Craven said...

Grandma would have been proud of you. And you should be proud of yourself. Doing these crafty little projects is part of the fun of being a mom, at least I think so. You are on your way to many projects! They are so cute. Love the pictures of Garrett in the next blog. His hair is looking so red!

Shanley said...

yay! they turned out way cute Taun! Good job! =)

Ashley said...

I'm proud of you. I've never used a surger before! I want to see them in person...

Andrew and Steph said...

Those are so cute and it makes them cuter because you made them yourself. Good job! BTW I LOVE Garrett's cheesy grins. They're hilarious!