Garrett had his one year checkup/wellness appointment today. I knew he was due for shots-I just didn't know how many, exactly. He ended up getting 4 in his legs! :( Poor little guy! He got the MMR and the one for Chicken Pox. He kind of had a delayed screaming reaction because the nurse handed him a sucker right before the shots. But, it was a split-second delay! He cried until his lips were blue and couldn't breath! I'm not exaggerating. The nurse was even like "uh, breathe Garrett." He's fine-that's just what happens when something really bad hurts him...I wasn't too shocked by it.
Before shots, Dr. Bennett examined him and gave me some advice on when to wean Garrett off of his bottle, binky, and formula. He's supposed to be off of everything between 14-15 months but, we'll see how that goes. Hopefully, I'll have him weaned off of them by the time his next checkup is, which is in October. He checked Garrett over and said that he was growing/developing normal, even though his weight percentage was down from the last time he saw him....Which I kind of figured it would be down due to the fact that he's been walking and trying to run! :)
Garrett's Stats at 1 Year:
Before shots, Dr. Bennett examined him and gave me some advice on when to wean Garrett off of his bottle, binky, and formula. He's supposed to be off of everything between 14-15 months but, we'll see how that goes. Hopefully, I'll have him weaned off of them by the time his next checkup is, which is in October. He checked Garrett over and said that he was growing/developing normal, even though his weight percentage was down from the last time he saw him....Which I kind of figured it would be down due to the fact that he's been walking and trying to run! :)
Garrett's Stats at 1 Year:
- Height: 29.25 inches (35%)
- Weight: 21.5 lbs (35%)
- Head Circum.: 17 inches


5 comments:
I still can't believe that little guy of yours is walking. That is awesome. What a cutie he is. I have been thinking about weaning also and I am just not too sure how it is going to go.
I hate shots! They are so sad. Hopefully the sucker did the trick :) I heard that when they get the 12 month shots they can get rashes and fevers. That's just not my idea of fun. I hope he does good!
I still think it it funny Cooper and Garrett are the same height. His next appointment is in October? Cooper's is in 3 months. Hmm...
Darn shots! I am glad I didn't have to give them to the little cutie. Can't believe he is one, I have said it a hundred times, still crazy how time flies:) Good luck with weaning off the bottle. I was so nervous to take Logan off because he loved it so much, but it went really well. He did have a bottle at night before he went down for bed until he was like 17 months old. Garrett will do great!
Shots are the worst, and that was a lot for one visit. Poor baby.
Post a Comment