Wednesday, December 24, 2008

*MERRY CHRISTMAS!!*

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas! This year we will be spending Christmas Eve over at my parents' house! This is mine and John's first Christmas and I am so excited! Our family tradition is we all sleep in the tv room either on the couches, on the floor, or one of us in the La-Z-Boy chair! My little brothers wake all of us up around 3:30 am to open presents! Very early! Then, we take turns opening our presents one by one. Even though this takes a long time to do, I love doing it because I love watching the excitement on everyone's faces! On Christmas Eve, my mom usually makes a really fancy dinner-prime rib, a few salads, goodies, and her hot wassail! So yummy! Then, after dinner we stay up and play games for a few hours and snack on sugar cookies, homemade caramels and chocolates! Oh ya-and some of us watch "The Christmas Story"-it just wouldn't be Christmas without watching that show- or any old fashioned Christmas Carols that might happen to be on. Other than the fact that the roads are slick, it's below zero outside, and my tires on my car have no traction, I love this holiday season! Everyone seems to be a good mood. Let's not forget what Christmas is really about, though. In all the hustle and bustle, I sometimes find myself forgetting the true meaning of Christmas.
Merry Christmas!

No comments: