Monday, December 1, 2008

Trimming the Tree!

It's finally December and everyone is in the "Holiday Spirit" I'm very excited cuz this is mine and John's first Christmas! Saturday, he and I went into town and bought our first Christmas tree at Wal-Mart. We looked at a few that were small so it would fit in our house and then John decides to jump the gun and buy a 7 footer!! Anyone see "Christmas Vacation?" "Do you think there's enough room for the Angel, Clark?" Our tree is just inches from touching the ceiling! We both got a good giggle out of that!
But, if the height of the tree wasn't enough--I let John be in charge of buying the lights...Big Mistake!! He ended up buying 800 lights!! And it only covered the bottom half of our tree so back to town for about 400 more lights! That's right-12oo lights!!!! Careful- Don't look directly at the tree and remember to put your lead vests on!! (It's very bright if you didn't catch my drift). I'd scare myself of the idea of putting lights around our house! =)
Enjoy the pics of John and I having our holiday fun!
Notice the tree touching the ceiling




John putting on 100 out of the 1200 lights













Oooh! The finished 7-footer! Isn't it B-E-A-UTIFUL?!











A bit much? Maybe? Oh well! Christmas only comes once a year, right?!

No comments: