Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Casper Wy, Father's Day, 2 Year Anniversary

Whew! We had a looooonnnng weekend! It started Thursday afternoon. We left for Casper, Wyoming around 2:00 p.m. and survived a 7 1/2 hour drive with John's older brother and a 3 month old! NEVER AGAIN WILL I TRAVEL THAT LONG WITH A BABY!!! It was a nightmare! It felt like Garrett screamed the whole 7 hours! He did pretty good on the way there but traveling home was a different story! I don't think he likes his carseat anymore.....that or he was just ready to be out of the car.
We got to Wyoming around 1:00 a.m. Friday morning. The reason why we took this little trip in the first place was in honor of my sister-in-law Tiffany. She is expecting a little baby girl in August and the girls that she works with threw her a baby shower on the 19th.
It was a lot of fun and such yummy food! She works with a girl that's originally from Kroacea (sp) (I didn't even know that place existed) and this girl cooked up all kinds of Kroacean food! So good!

Here is Tiffany opening one of her many, many, many gifts she and baby got. Tiffany got a lot of good stuff and tons of cute girl clothes! It made me want a girl.....


Before Tiffany's baby shower, Richard (John's brother) and Tiffany took us to Casper Mountain where we hiked up to a waterfall. It was so pretty! And the "hike" was like 2 seconds long.
These are just a few pictures of our hike:




It was a REALLY hot day and being the wonderful mother that I am-I didn't even think about packing sunscreen for my little guy, so here he is sporting a do-rag. Ok, it's more like a burp cloth do-rag but we had to do something! :)

Nick and Ashley let us borrow this baby carrier. Huge life saver and a great investment! I think I might go get one myself. Garrett loved it!

I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!! :)


Here we are at the waterfall: Tiffany, me, John and Garrett and Richard


Oh ya. Garrett looks like he's havin' a ball....


The waterfall on top of Casper Mountain


Dad and Garrett getting ready for the "big hike"



We left Sunday morning around 7:30 a.m. to make the trip back home. This is where Garrett had had enough! He was in his carseat for about oh, um, 2 hours tops! I held him the rest of the way!! I KNOW!! "BAD MOM AWARD" GOES TO TAUNYA!! But, I wasn't about to listen to him scream his lungs out for the whole 7 hours! I'd be deaf! John did drive slow and we watched for animals and cops like hawks! I know I should just let him get used to being in his carseat and he usually does pretty good but for some reason on this trip he wasn't lovin life so much!

We finally made it home around 4 that afternoon and just relaxed the rest of the day!
*************************************************
FATHER'S DAY:
Since we were traveling and out of town, John got zip-ola for Father's Day! I felt horrible about it. I did get him a card and I made him a deal that once we got home from Wyoming I would take him to town and get him some running shoes. So far that plan hasn't panned out.....

***************************************************
2 YEAR ANNIVERSARY:
On June 21, John and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary! I'll be honest-Some days it feels a lot more than 2 years but if I had to do the last 2 years over again, I would! :) I can't believe it's been 2 years since we got married. I think of our wedding day often and even when I get a little bored at home, I turn on the computer and bring up our pictures and take a quick peek at our special day!

We got married in the Rexburg Temple




Of course John's Grooms cake was a tractor! :)

We started off our anniversary by both of us working!! YA! I was called into work that morning. It was the first time back to work since I had Garrett. It was fun being back to work and catching up with the girls but I definately wouldn't trade being a stay at home mom for anything! :) After we got home from work, we dropped Garrett off at Tausha's house and we went out to dinner to 5 Guys Burgers. It was actually pretty good! Again, John just got a card for a present! But, I didn't even get that! Ugh! No card? I think I at least deserve a card!! :) We did have plans after dinner to go buy each other gifts but everything was closing up for the night! I guess we'll just go another day......
Last year we took a trip to San Diego and saw SeaWorld, the San Diego Temple, and the Zoo! It was a fun trip and on our way home I distinctively (sp?) remember planning a trip to Las Vegas for our 2 year mark. So we tried to save up some money for the trip but the money was spent on other things:









It's been a wonderful 2 years and I know that there are many more ahead of us! :) I love you John! You're such a great husband and father! :) I'm very blessed to have you in my life! XOXO

4 comments:

Andrew and Steph said...

That's such a cute post. I love the pictures too. Garrett with the sunglasses is priceless. I don't know why I found this funny, but the people in the background of your hike pictures. It was like they were posing there :) Congrats on making it 2 years, many more to come!

Caroline Craven said...

I love the do-rag! Whatever it takes to keep him from sunburn. I bet he loved being outside for the hike. Don't beat yourself up too much for holding him on that trip home. You all survived so no worries. I thought of you and John on your two year anniversary, in fact, we were in the Rexburg temple that weekend (not your anniversary, but same weekend) for another couple's sealing. And, I love the pictures Ashley took. They are so cute. He is growing so much and has changed, even from a few weeks ago when we were all in West. Cute little boy he is!

Ashley said...

That's my kind of hiking! I love the do-rag too! Whatever works, right? The pictures are beautiful. I'm glad Garrett liked the baby carrier.

I thought it was cute how you wrote about plans for a Las Vegas trip for your two year anniversary then explained in pictures why you didn't end up going. Congrats on the big 2! Can you believe Nick and I will be celebrating 5 years this year? Weird.

Happy first Father's day to John!

p.s. I hope Nick doesn't see this post. ;)~

Brett and Cherice said...

Great post! You are one great sister in law to travel that long for a baby shower:) How fun though! Happy Anniversary:) You guys are awesome and as always your little Garrett is adorable! I need to see him, we need to get together for a walk or something!