Our Memorial Day actually started Saturday. John's mom wanted us to go with her down to Burley to get some trees for her yard. We took Garrett with us for the almost 3 hour drive. He slept most of the time. We only had to stop once to change and feed him. Before heading home, we stopped by the Paul Cemetary to visit John's grandma and his sisters' graves. It was such a windy day and it was freezing, so I just stayed in the pickup with Garrett. Towards the end of the trip, he was getting annoyed being in his carseat for 6 hours-(give or take)-and started screaming! After about 2 seconds, I couldn't handle it anymore so I took him out of his carseat while still driving (oops!) I know that that's a HUGE no no but I can't take his crying for very long!! Uh, patience is something I'm still learning......
On Monday, John headed up to Linda's to plant the trees she had got in Burley. While he was there, I went shopping with Ashley and her girls. We just went to the mall and got some 4th of July T-shirts at Old Navy. It was buy one get one free!! So, I did! :) After shopping and planting trees, we had a little BBQ/ice cream over at Linda's house. It was a fun weekend but I wish the warm weather would show up!!!


4 comments:
I didn't know John had sisterS that died. Sad. Shame on you for taking Garrett out of his car seat! ;)~
You forgot to mention the huge black fuzzy spider we saw on the shirts! Blah! Yes, our husbands ditched us on Memorial Day. Stinkers.
Thanks for coming with me and helping out with Hallie.
so, I take colette out of the carseat all the time! Especially on long trips... then she can just eat on the way and it doesn't waste time. I figure if something happens, my maternal instincts will protect her more than a seat, plus they are kind of a new thing (relatively speaking) So maybe I'm a lazy bad mom, but I don't think you should feel bad. =)
Sometimes a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do!!! I took my kids out of their car seats on occasion too. I even took the middle seat out of our minivan and let them play on the floor on our long trips from CA to Idaho. I was always nervous when I did that, and I always knew I could never forgive myself if anything did happen, but they all survived. Thanks for your comment on my bunny blog. We are over it now, but boy was it a drama!
Super cute talking on the post above this one! And I have to admit that I've taken my boys out of there car seats when they were babies--those long car rides are a killer for them (and for me)! I can't stand too long of there crying! It drives me crazy and makes me feel bad. My mom once told me that when her babies would cry, my dad would tell her to get that baby out or we are going to have a wreck! Seriously--a wreck or a happy baby!! You choose!!
Post a Comment