(Picture taken at 7 months)
I keep forgetting to post this. On November 14th, Garrett turned 8 months! It's so crazy to me! Here are just some things that he is doing at 8 months: Sorry, it's a long list....
- Has been able to sit up by himself for about 3 weeks
- Is starting to crawl! He can get up on his hands and knees, rock back and forth, push off, and then face-plant. I think any day he will just take off!! :) Time to baby-proof, I guess...
- Starting to wave bye-bye
- Gives kisses (so sweet)
- Rolls around all time
- No teeth yet, but he sure is fussy enough to have them!!!
- I'm not sure what he weighs, but my guess is around 25lbs! Big surprise....
- LOVES grownup food! I try and give him baby food, but he usually spits it out at my face
- LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to be outside!!! Even if it is -10 degrees! It's going to be a long winter!
- Grabs at everything! My hair, my nose, my lips, earrings...you name it!
- He has started doing a "cheesy grin"! He does it randomly and I never have the camera near by to take a picture, but it is SOOO funny!
- Still on the bottle and will drink about 7-8oz every 4 hours or sometimes longer
- Sleeping habits have done a complete 180! And not for the better!! There's been a couple of days where he all of a sudden decides to take just 1 nap a day when he should be taking like 4!!! And, you would think that he sleeps wonderfully through the night, but you'd be wrong! He will fall asleep around 10:00pm, but not before screaming and fighting me for 45min!!
- Will sleep in his crib for about an hour before he wakes up and sleeps the rest of the night in our bed! HELP ME!! What do I do? I cannot have him sleep in our bed anymore! And I'm sure John can't sleep on the couch anymore! I'm out of ideas. I feel like I have tried everything so if any of you have any special tricks-please share!


3 comments:
What a handsome little guy. That is so exciting that he is so close to crawling. Shawn just scoots on his bum or rolls everywhere. I can't believe how fast our babies have grown. He is too handsome.
It's hard to believe how fast the time flies and how big your little guy is getting! He is so cute! I love chubby little ones! Good luck with the sleeping thing! I have no idea what to tell you especially with the holiday season here--if you guys are anything like us and spend a lot of time with family, it will be hard to start anything new to get him sleeping through the night and nap times because of the constant rush of life. Braden ended up in our bed a lot because he hated his crib and I was lazy and hated to hear him cry! But Kyden was an awful sleeper and after fighting him for nap times and bed time I finally pushed his bedtime earlier and let him cry himself to sleep. Exactly what he needed! He slept good after that--but not perfect (but what baby is)! It did wonders for me and my stress level went down. But for you, I say every child is different and if you can get your hands on a couple sleep books for babies, try what they say (but wait till the holidays have passed)! Good luck!
He is growing so fast. My only advice on the night time routine is to give him a bit of a rub down with lavender essential oil and a carrier, like sweet almond when you put his jammies on him. Lavender will calm him down, the massage will relax both of you (even smelling the lavender will help relax you too) and it can even help him sleep through the night. I have been having a hard time sleeping through the night and I started using lavender and sweet orange. I read in a book to rub it around my navel (cannot make that connection at all), the back of my neck and the bottom of my feet. For Garrett I would just do a soothing rub down with slow calm strokes. Good luck!!!
Post a Comment